How to Modify Your Own Bios Using AMI Mod Tool and Award Mod Tool

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Busykid508, Jul 29, 2009.

1. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    They still work just fine.
    They correspond to Windows 7, so they will always work for Windows 7.

2. valhalla

valhalla MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2011
    Thanks for the information

3. mystery_tx_man

mystery_tx_man MDL Novice

May 25, 2011
    I modded the bios on my gateway uc73. I modded it with dell slic 2.1. Now my laptop starts up and then turns off. what can i do?

4. atkin8

atkin8 MDL Novice

Jun 18, 2011
    PCI VT6421 controller problems

Hi ,
    I use XP sp3 and I am trying to get a Sata drive recognized .When I try to use the AMI Bios mod tool V1.34 I get a runtime error. I installed VB 6 but still same error.I have also tried CBROM and AMIBCP but the bios file cannot be opened to modify.There are many issues with PCI Sata Raid controllers.
    I have an AMI bios v2.60 for an Asrock Mobo K7S8X.The extension does not exist but I tried bin and rom .

Any Ideas,
    Atkin.

5. anealm

anealm MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2010
    My other pc is unstable probably because of me, maybe hardware. Anyway, I need to get it stable before flashing it's retail Msi k8n neo2 for XP pro board. I'm very surprised I've never formatted it since xp came out and it ran smooth with wpa hacks/different keys.
    I want an oem sp3 cd and slp 1.0 inserted for bios.
    I don't guess I can do much on this windows 7 64 pc for the xp 32 pc. I tried making a usb dos prompt tool from here and got error 2 files were corrupt just to see if it would work. No floppy installed on this but on xp pc.
    Can I download/install ,after wiping the drive, an Windows XP Pro OEM/SP3 Archive from here, see that's its stable and flash with andy's tool for oem installed?
    What do I need to do this. Read 1st 3 stickies in windows xp forum? I'm so confused.
    TY!

6. jagger1616

jagger1616 MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2012
    Nice tutorial.

7. ahmed_007

ahmed_007 MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2011
    hi guys :)

i have a ( ECS K8M800-M2 V2.0 ) motherboard with award bios , Is this program "Award Mod Tool" compatible with this motherboard , last thing can you re-drafting the steps with a simpler way than the first post ? please help me :confused:

i have windows xp pro sp3

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yap... it can be easily modded.

If u want a mod, I can do it for u :)

What SLIC/SLP will u want??

9. jc9314

jc9314 MDL Novice

May 30, 2010
    Thanks for the information!!

10. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  11. babelpatcher

babelpatcher MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2011
    i'm trying to mod this http :// dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/K43SA/K43SAAS211.zip
    but stuck at step 6
    unable to open/extract the bios

what should i do next?

12. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    That is an EFI... can be modded only by Phoenix Tool ;)

13. slimd

slimd MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2010
    I'm trying to modify BIOS for HP Pavilion d1182.se (BIOS revision 3.28).

I am wondering what Manufacturer to choose (and therefore also what method to choose). I have tried the various ways of entering BIOS recovery mode on this computer but none seem to be working, so I'm looking to create a "safe" mod that won't brick my board. The board is a HP-branded ASUS PTGD2-LA (Pirahna) with a HP-branded BIOS.

If I choose ASUS, the AMI Tool recommends SSV3 with MMTool, while if I choose "Other" it disables MMTool and recommends SSV2. But since this is an OEM board, made by ASUS but rebranded by HP, I'm not quite sure what to choose here. Any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Try SSV3/MMTool ;)

15. thetrain

thetrain MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2010
    I'm tryin to mod the following BIOS without any luck:

Manufacturer: Aopen
    Model: MP45-D
    Version: R1.12
    Bios Type: Award bios
    Bios Link: usa.aopen.com/downloadfile.aspx?RecNo=12084&Model=2662&Section=8&DL=yes
    SLIC: Acer 2.1

request for windows 7 ultimate

====
    Here are the notes that I've made while trying to mod usng the Aware SLIC Tool 1.52. A previous BIOS version in this forum was noted as using the ISA method but that older bios is no longer available nor was there a confirmation that it worked.

Method Result
    -------- ---------
    O+2 (Failed) System hangs on post
    SSV1 (Failed) No post
    Dynamic (Failed) No existing SLIC
    ISA-At end (Failed) system posts but there is no SLIC found with Toolkit and no activation.
    ISA-EPA (Failed) Module too small error
    OEM7-EPAatend(Failed) system hangs on post
    OEM7-ACPITBL(Failed) system hangs on post
    OEM7-EPA (Failed) system hangs on post
    PubKey(Failed) Invalid Windows license error.
    SSV3-ACPITBL(Failed) system hangs on post
    SSV3-BlackEPA(Failed) system hangs on post
    FACS(Failed) system hangs on post
    SSV3-EPAEnd(Failed) system hangs on post
    SSV3-BlackEPAa(Failed) system hangs on post

"System Hangs on Post" - the system will post and proceed through the post process, but hangs at about the time the BIOS hands off to the boot sector. The BIOS setup is also inaccessible.

16. helmet605

helmet605 MDL Junior Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Hello, I'm trying to mod a Biostar N68s3+ bios for use in an Emachine. I used the AMI SLIC tool v1.62 and I downloaded the original bios from Biostar and incerted that into the AMI tool and it showed the manufactuer as Biostar and the method it chose was SSV3 but I changed it to SSV2 because I have the same bios modded by one of you guys and they used SSV2 and it worked so thats why I changed it. I left Biostar as the manufacturer and then pointed the SLIC file to the Emachine SLIC and then made a Emachine SLP file. I hit the go button and it said it was successful. My concern is that it might not be right and brick my board, if it says successful does that mean its all ready to go? How do you guys test these? I guess I need to take precautions(not sure how)to make sure I can change it back if it bricks the MB. Any help or ideas would be great :)

TIA

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Use SSV3/MMTool (default method) for this mobo; flash the original bios, then flash the modified one.

18. helmet605

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks for the reply Tito. I modded the bios again using SSV3 this time, it said successful also. So the way I went about this was ok as far as leaving Biostar as the manufacturer and then adding the Emachine SLIC and SLP? Will I be able to recover this if it bricks the MB?

TIA

19. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  20. helmet605

Jan 21, 2011
    Just to let Tito and the forums know that I finally took the plunge and flashed my Biostar N68s3+ bios with the SSV2 Acer SLIC that I made(first time trying)instead of the SSV3 bios because I have the same bios modded by one of you guys and it was made with SSV2 Dell SLIC and it worked great, also there was a guy on the forums that reported he flashed his Biostar N68s3+ with the SSV3 and it bricked his. I'm not going to try the SSV3 bios since mine is working now.