How to nstall Microsoft Games in Home Premium vLite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Big Dave, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2008
    Hey I have a copy of windows Home Premium vLite installed an my PC and I don't have Microsoft games and I was wondering if there is a way to install them back in the system. I copy the folder "Microsoft Games" u know Chess Tita, Spider, Solitare etc... from my friend's laptp and I was wondering if I can install them back to the system. Or can any of you give me a page where I can download them I tried Microsoft pages and no luck there. So please I would really appreciate it if some one could help me. Thanks.:D:

2. FuzzyMaster

FuzzyMaster MDL Member

Jun 21, 2007
    #2 FuzzyMaster, Apr 17, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
    Simplest solution is to re-install Vista

I looked into this for a friend with a previous version of Windows, and it turned out that trying to find the appropriate registry entries was more work then simply re-installing Windows. The games are not all written by MS (some are by Oberon I believe) so the registry entries are not all in one place.

I have tried vLite & have nothing against it, but there seems to be a lot of people that have had issues with Vista after using vLite, like not being able to install SP1 afterwards.

I would suggest you take jroc's advice and reformat your hard drive & re-install with a Vista DVD that has SP1 integrated. If you are still determined to use vLite you can do so as long as SP1 is integrated first. Re-installing Vista will also let you re-install your games.

I have found (from experience on 5 PCs) the fixes in SP1 along with the updated superfetch/prefetch algorithms (once they have had a few days to gather data) have really improved Vista's general performance. Along with disabling certain services & features, such as search indexing, I have found no further need to use vLite. But that is a personal preference.:D

3. fenrir0402

fenrir0402 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2010
    You can do the following steps:
    1. Go to Control Panel
    2. Click on Programs
    3. Click 'Turn Windows features on or off' (it should take a couple of minutes before the windows appear)
    4. Tick the Checkbox on 'Games'
    5. Click 'OK'
    Done!

Did it works?

4. KruB

KruB MDL Novice

May 3, 2012
    :jockey::jockey::jockey::jockey: