How to properly edit the hosts file in Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by spkleader, Nov 2, 2015.

1. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Notepad++ is a 'must have' replacement for the weak stock notepad

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    WHO are YOU and with what right's you're judging over others? Just while you're doing just that, you force other's to judge over you, and that's the right those others have!

"Before you talk about the dust, rubbish or whatsoever in front of the door of others, you have to remove what's in front of your own door", and also "Never do to other what you didn't like others do to you!"

The fact is, you didn't have the right to judge over others, and you hardly would do such, if were in front of those others humans.

Beside of that, you have zero knowledge about what others had done (with their own computers and Software), but you just expect that others believe you, or even more, have to take as the "Lord's Word" what's coming out of you and deny any judgement about that!

Unfortunate there just very few people who have the courage to open their mouth and telling what's in their mind!

And now, you could simply KMA!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

I'm just someone who write something when has something useful to share, and one who limit itself to read silently when has something to learn from others.

I'm strange and outdated I i know :D

Whenever you post something in a public place, like it or not expose yourself to other's judgement/evaluation.

If you don't like it. Just discuss privately. It's so simple....

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I wrote in the other post: Unfortunate there just very few people who have the courage to open their mouth and telling what's in their mind!

There just some people who 'need' to attack others (as part of their self-declaration "Who They Are" or whatsoever), even those attacked had never any conservation with them! What steers someone to attack other (whatever that is)? Those who doing so, should instantly look up for contact psychological help and advice!

And back to topic: Editing an Host File need always be done with Administrator Rights. Simply using Notepad isn't enough.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Simply: "The Tone makes the Music" and YOU use a very bad tone!

6. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #26 Muerto, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're right for some extend, but all!

Never mind, just on topic: It really would helps a lot if the users all time using to run Apps with Administrator Right's.

That could also be done a bit like automatic and adding to the executable's Administrator Right's as default. That would need a 3.party apps because it couldn't done for many Windows own system files, include Notepad! Maybe Right-Click Extender could do that job. Personally, I wouldn't use that because that would give my staff and others, who may using my computer from time to time, to much right. I just use all time the Normal Right Click and choose to Run as Administrator!