How to re-activate after kb971033

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dude245, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Dude245

Dude245 MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2009
    If for some reason you updated your system with the patch, or the system did it without you knowing and you became non-genuine you are either using an old loader or have mismatched data.
    This has only been tested with my laptop with daz's loader (is hp, used wrong info)
    I was reading threads so this is not my own information, just collaboration

To re-activate your windows make sure you have the correct SLIC marker and certificate that MATCH your computer, Compaq can use HP, but cannot have dell SLIC, ECT.

You can use a tool that de-activates windows, installs a test key, and restores all token-data; this will clear your key.
    To insert a different cert/SLIC you can use Daz's loader under advanced options, choose custom serial and put in your manufacturer's OEM SLP key for your windows version (http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/10370-Windows-7-OEM-SLP-Key-Collection)
    This should all go smoothly, after that your computer will still be un-activated; you will need to re-send your data to Microsoft, use the command in elevated CMD:
    %SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe /run

Wait 5 minutes and restart your computer, it should still have a black screen but no non-genuine text or popups, you can set background manually, for extra precaution u can validate with windows just to make sure

If all goes well, you should be re-activated, good luck

(Tested on Compaq Windows 7 Ultimate HP Slic, Cert, and Key, Daz Loader)