How to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium OEM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bluze, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Dumping the Cert / Key you must reinstall the OS + hardware changes without problem;

Advanced Tokens Manager works with all License Channels using automatic mode, and hardware changes isn't accepted ;

Dumping Cert / Key you need manually reinstall this or use other program ...

For OEM, SLIC 2.1 is required for all backup methods ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    acyuta, as for dell laptops not to sure but personally when I got my Dell inspiron 530 desktop I just backed up my recovery partition and the Dell hidden partition with acronis trueimage but I am almost certain that dell recovery settings are in the bios so as long as you are installing windows to the C:\ drive you will be ok but at the end of the day just image full hard drive with say acronis and go from there as said I still have images from when I got this dell with vista but have since flashed bios to SLIC 2.1 I personally cannot see if I was to sell this computer anyone wanting vista when they can have windows 7. But I can go back to vista if needed. :biggrin:

3. Bluze

Bluze MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    So, can somebody please make a step by step on how to reinstall OEM Windows 7 from a DigitalRiver image? I can't find it anywhere.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    As a short term measure, I was thinking of this only. Image C: with acronis for wd/seagate or with acronis boot cd. Then shift the small recovery partition to the end instead of deleting it. What you are saying that I can keep the recovery partition but delete the rest, partition it, and then make my system, it should be fine anyway. But just in case, make an image of c:.

Then partition the balance space into 2-3 partitions and install windows 7 and other software on one of these. Install needed drivers (not sure if I require anything else apart from windows 7 updates)+jmicron+intel rst, etc. After seeing its working (in terms of audio, network, etc), delete the system recovery and reclaim that space.

In my case, it is win 7 hp 64 bit which is good enough except for bragging rights to ultimate and all the other pre-loaded stuff that comes loaded.

I think that windows 7 install takes care of most of the drivers needed for a laptop. That is my only concern. This is my first laptop purchase and all previous purchases were desktops with only the hardware.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bluze

Bluze MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    So I burn the ISO. I install my new HDD. Then I put in the disc of Windows Home Premium DigitalRiver. It's going to ask me for a key, right. I leave it empty, correct? Then, when installation is done, I run Daz loader and it will automatically install my key and certificate? Or how do I tell Daz loader to do this?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    acyuta, as I said I do not have a Dell laptop so I do not know the way they are partitioned do you not have the option to make recovery media ? if not I would simply make an Acronis image of whole hard drive then you are free to do with it as you please.

8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I will get back with specifics when I get the laptop. I now have a good idea anyway.

9. Bluze

Bluze MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    Please help

10. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Bluze,
    just check your activation under system properties, u should be all set after reboot.
    The loader will ID u r system and put the right cert and key.

11. Bluze

Bluze MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2011
    #31 Bluze, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    (OP)
    I have finally managed to reinstall Windows 7. My HDD was broken so I had to get it replaced. So, Windows 7 is running now but it is not activated yet. I did not enter a key during installation as you said. I did run Windows Loader and reboot but my Windows 7 still says it needs to be activated. What now?