How to remove default windows 10 apps from all + new users accounts?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ShiningDog, Jun 6, 2018.

1. ShiningDog

ShiningDog MDL Senior Member

Feb 25, 2018
    #1 ShiningDog, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    i already know how to remove all apps or leave few apps in current account with this powershell code
    Code:
    to remove all apps

Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage

to remove all apps except following

Get-AppxPackage | where-object {$_.name –notlike "*store*"} | where-object {$_.name –notlike "*calculator*"} | Remove-AppxPackage
    i want to remove all apps except mentioned above in all + new user accounts. plus also the ability to restore all the apps.
    various sites are telling to use following code but they dont work.
    Code:
    to remove apps from all users accounts
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

to prevent apps from installing in new users accounts.

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online
    so what is the perfect method to do that?
    thanks. :)
    p.s. i dont want to edit my windows 10 iso to do that

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sr3tlaw

sr3tlaw MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2013
    What were your findings?

3. ShiningDog

ShiningDog MDL Senior Member

Feb 25, 2018
    i stopped looking for solutions, now i like windows 10 pro as it is with all of its apps,my hate turned into love.:gkiss:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sr3tlaw

sr3tlaw MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2013
    An underdog story! Haha.

Hate it or love it. I run OEM 10 Pro on the Targeted Channel (CBB) because it's what the majority world uses. Plus when they add new features, I get to make fun of Microsoft more to my clients. "What's 3D objects, Craig?, oh its Microsoft's bulls**t" lol

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    for any user of windows it is fundamental to know, learn and understand the functions of PowerShell 6.01 before deleting, hiding some things so that the operating system can work correctly this for me is the best way to continue using Windows (10) before EVERYONE can use a free operating system which for me should be the best solution sorry M $ FT, because when I bought the system I trusted but now I can not rely anymore, I do not need a useless gift shop I just need DirectX to games I'm just betting everything on the Vulkan + AMD team to see if it's possible to change if this happens the world will turn ;)

6. BAU

BAU MDL Member

Feb 10, 2009
    PowerShell cmdlets already provide some idiot-proofing in 1803 and later, and does not allow you to remove many system applications that other s**t depends on.
    The provisioned ones also needs a bit more work.
    Repairing system applications unfortunately cannot be 100%, because some files and registry keys are not bundled with the package.
    Code:
    echo "Repair non responsive search / taskbar / explorer side-effect"
    taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
    taskkill /im SearchUI.exe /t /f
    taskkill /im WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe /t /f
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.SignatureKind -Like "*System*"} | Foreach {write-host $_.InstallLocation; try{ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -erroraction 'silentlycontinue' }catch{echo err} } <#
    powershell -c "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.SignatureKind -Like \"*System*\"} | Foreach {write-host $_.InstallLocation; try{ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register \"$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml\" -erroraction 'silentlycontinue' }catch{echo err} }" &rem #>
    explorer
    echo done

So, just be careful of scripts involving taking ownership and deleting files. Try not to touch system applications. Use PowerShell commands with explicit names of packages you want removed.

7. sr3tlaw

sr3tlaw MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2013
    What is special about 6.01?
    This caught my eye

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    simple friend search;)

9. Leonardo Da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2017
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Remove-AppxPackage
    You can try this.