How to remove search and task view from task bar...???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Rickkins, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    I too would like the search icon gone but it appears you are force feed search with bing :mad: at least the bam full screen can be resized and remembered.

The task view is a too new an idea for me yet to decide and I will keep it and try it more before dismissing and scrapping that. It may prove handy having 2x the monitors than you really have. Kind of like that concept but will not know until it is explored more. It is like grouping appz on the task bar and if you work with multi appz open at the same time grouping them may help?

Like the default no bezel (boards) around windows

Like wheel mouse follows pointer not keyboard the most ....... long time in the coming.

Classic start menu 10 will probably come and then it will control and have what M$ does not.

Regards

2. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    #23 cuteee, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Where do you write these commands ?

3. Win10User

Win10User MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2014
    The Search/Task View comes back after restart when following instructions from this video.

All you need to do is run hide.exe. Then, Search/Task View disappears again.

4. ssknight7

ssknight7 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2013
    Do you know how stupid you sound when you berate people who voice complaint over a lack of choice? Complete idiot.

5. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    start menu is stupid and the search is also it's like adding a power button to the task bar there is just no need

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    We have a winner in the race to who can become an idiot the fastest.

Ok that being said the search function in the start menu is associated with the immersive search functionality. I could kill it but I'd rather not take apart the explorer.exe or shell32.dll :p

7. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    #28 sevenacids, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    About the Search button: I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense for mouse/keyboard users as they expect this functionality to be integrated in the Start menu and not in two different places, being backed by Cortana or not. On the other hand, if they really want to do away with the Charms, this button suddenly makes sense for touch devices because it makes it easier to get to the Search functionality with just one tap. Maybe it shouldn't be there when a keyboard is attached, just like the planned Back button.

About the Task View button: I think it should be clear that this button is a little more than a fancier Alt-Tab. Alt-Tab is for iterating through all your running applications, and it's there for a long time, but the Task View button is for iterating through multiple desktops. That's a bit of a difference since each virtual desktop is associated with its own set of applications, you can think of it like a multi-monitor system with only one physical monitor. I know, there are keyboard shortcuts to switch desktops, but having a button helps a lot for non-keyboard affine users and discovering the feature in the first place. Maybe it should be optional. I think it's more of an enterprise feature anyways, casual users might already be too overwhelmed by the concept.

8. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    oh look mindless insults how childish grow up kid

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #30 Smorgan, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    Welcome to the internet suck it up. You came here to be both mocked n helped sarcastically at the same time.

Now that I'm sufficiently bored and intoxicated on this Halloween I'll look into disabling it for you.

But of course in the mean time you could take a hex editor to explorer.exe and shell32.dll

10. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    BEST FIX EVER! UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10 PREVIEW AND USE WINDOWS 8/8.1/7/Vista or whatever and don't complain about something that isn't really performance breaking, it will more likely be option, Search will be replaced with Cortana, many might find it useful, Task view will be hide-able... The preview is not intended for you clearly.

11. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    @Mrox2 is that the best advice you can give ? you are missing the point here we are test driving windows 10 :D

12. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    No we are test driving Windows 10 on Windows 8.1 in a Virtual Machine so it all works...

13. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    small simple program that all you need to do is add a delay in task. 3s is enough..
    or leave it/them alone- not really an issue...
    @Mrox2 the old usb 3.0 box i added for Windows 7 was a iffy at best, in Windows 8 -> 8.1.3 - I had from 10 to 15 MB speed, so Windows 10 I was not expecting crap,
    but WOW several went to 40MB and a couple went to 80MB. so it really is W.T.F. do you mean go backwards.
    you do sound like a XP Lover to me.
    :) :)

14. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    WAT? I hate XP, I've seen it everywhere, if I see it once more I will puke, I refuse to use outdated products, but I'm a Vista lover, did you even read my sig?? :doofywave::nono:

15. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #36 Rickkins, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    (OP)

@Mrox2, you really need to get over yourself, you're really not "all that".

In short, if you have nothing constructive to add to a given conversation, STFU.

16. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    #37 Ace2, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  17. Mrox2

Mrox2 MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2014
    f off, no one talked to you, clearly the build itself has a feedback app, use it, dont complain here, removing it wont do anything but break it further, just use Windows 8 if you dont like it or dont want to contribute to its development, and who are you to tell me to "shut the f**k up" anyway? please have some manners first. :bashtroll:

18. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    One question remains: How could this be considered on-topic :g:? In case it's your best advice, i must agree to the suggestion to better stay off.

19. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I beg to differ the thread's Original Post was the removal of the Search pane from the task bar.

Now if you have nothing to offer in making it happen please do not comment. At the present time there is no clean way to disable it from the task bar but I'll keep looking into it as my week has been a bit jam packed :p