How to remove Test Mode in Windows 7 ultimate RTM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bonghernz, Aug 31, 2009.

1. bonghernz

bonghernz MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
  2. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #3 HotCarl, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    What did you use to activate your Windows 7 with?

EDIT: As sebus noted, the driver signature enforcement overrider can cause a test watermark to appear sometimes, for some reason... Dont use it unless you have no other option. As for a fix, you can try one of the tweak programs that have watermark removal tools... I have never had the problem, so I am unsure of the precise way of removing the test watermark. A quick google will probably yield the answer to the questions you have, as the driver signature enforcement overrider is not a totally uncommon tool...

Since you are running 32-bit windows, I dont see why you would need to use the tool though...you can just use XP or Vista drivers. I have a few pieces of hardware with no Windows 7 or Vista drivers, so I tossed the XP drivers into the mix and they all work perfect. Unless you are running x64 (which is much more picky about drivers and signing) I see no reason that you would need to use that overrider tool...

EDIT2: If all else fails, may I suggest a piece of duct tape, or a post-it note that you could stick on the monitor? Perhaps some white-out (or blue-out)? (j/k) :p

3. Mivec

Mivec MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    command prompt
    Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING OFF

4. itlvk

itlvk MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Using Windows 7 toolkit to remove watermark

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bonghernz

bonghernz MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    i already used sebus noted tool :(

it somehow remove the test mode.
    but stops my other driver like then hsdpa modem.
    it doesnt came up with a network.

then i use again sebus tool to enter into testmode again and then network came in my hsdpa modem.

so you think i need to clean install again to remove the watermark?

6. mohab1220

mohab1220 MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2009
    #8 mohab1220, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  7. bonghernz

bonghernz MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    im using the leaked version which is exactly the same as released in technet/mdsn as claimed by the windows 7 repository..

8. bonghernz

bonghernz MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    @hotcarl

it seems that i didnt notice watermarks, except that the windows logo flicker for bit a second on startup.

how will i notice watermarks though?

9. JUD

JUD MDL Member

Aug 24, 2009
    As Mivec said just open a cmd prompt with admin rights and type bcdedit /set testsigning off...it shows operation successful...restart your system and then it will say startup problem and the windows will do some fix say finish and restart and you are done...no need to use any tool...I had the similar problem and the cause is some unsigned drivers would have been installed by some application.

10. Brandrune

Brandrune MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Just tested and Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON turns it on.

Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING OFF turns it off :D

Problem Solved. Thread Locked pending deletion.

11. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Gee that GIF looks nice.

What did you make that with?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Joven

Joven MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2009
    Not sure if this is how he did it (looks like he just used some screencasting software on a virtual machine window), but its possible to make recording of steps like that with the Windows Problem Steps Recorder.
    Hit start and in the search field type in "psr."
    Once you start recording it should take a screenshot everytime you click a mouse button or when a program does something.