How to remove the entire Whitelist of HP Compaq 6720s?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jasv, Feb 12, 2010.

1. jasv

jasv MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2010
    I want to use any wireless card on my HP Compaq 6720s, without reprograming the system BIOS every time I want to test a new card. Then I want eliminate the Whitelist of the BIOS.
    Anybody knows how to do? o_O

2. Ydef

Ydef MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    I would be very interested in this solution as well. What a total PITA to have to find the subsys/vendor id of your current card and hex mod in the subsys and vendor id's of the cards you want to use.

It makes sense that only with a complete removal of the whitelist enforcement mechanism can the HP laptop/tablet be truly considered 'unlocked'.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this happen? I have a couple of ideas, if someone knows better I would love to have you shoot my ideas down and tell me the reasoning why they won't work.

What if the subsys/vendor ids are replaced with zeros? Or what if they's filled with null characters?

The other idea I had was that after disassembling the bios and determining which module holds the "whitelist", simply reassembling the bios sans the "whitelist" module and presto! Why wouldn't that work?