How to remove the entire Whitelist of HP Compaq 6720s?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jasv, Feb 12, 2010.

1. jasv

jasv MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2010
    I want to use any wireless card on my HP Compaq 6720s, without reprograming the system BIOS every time I want to test a new card. Then I want eliminate the Whitelist of the BIOS.
    Anybody knows how to do? o_O

2. Ydef

Ydef MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    I would be very interested in this solution as well. What a total PITA to have to find the subsys/vendor id of your current card and hex mod in the subsys and vendor id's of the cards you want to use.

It makes sense that only with a complete removal of the whitelist enforcement mechanism can the HP laptop/tablet be truly considered 'unlocked'.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this happen? I have a couple of ideas, if someone knows better I would love to have you shoot my ideas down and tell me the reasoning why they won't work.

What if the subsys/vendor ids are replaced with zeros? Or what if they's filled with null characters?

The other idea I had was that after disassembling the bios and determining which module holds the "whitelist", simply reassembling the bios sans the "whitelist" module and presto! Why wouldn't that work?

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
  4. TTAV134

TTAV134 MDL Expert

Mar 1, 2009