How to remove watermark 8.1 Pro Preview Build 9431.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by dokmai, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Its the glitch of the method.

Do a 'sfc /scannow' first; you'll get the watermark back too.

2. NABAKUMAR

NABAKUMAR MDL Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #122 NABAKUMAR, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Thanks bro..i am doing that now...I think its better to keep watermark now than tampering it.

::::::::EDIT::::::::
    Thanks a lot bro...it got repaired although i got back the watermarks...But its okay. Thanks again!!!

3. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Agreed. Hacking mui files is like a bit of a RemoveWAT-type solution.... besides the watermark isn't that intrusive :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ace2

ace2 Guest

Patch basebrd.dll.mui and shell32.dll.mui with My_WCP_Watermark_Editor:

Result.jpg

1.Open My_WCP_Watermark_Editor as admin, and select Remove all watermark, and Apply New settings (Don't Restart PC).

2.Goto:

C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US, and Copy basebrd.dll.mui, to desktop.

C:\Windows\System32\en-US, and Copy shell32.dll.mui, to desktop.

3.Open My_WCP_Watermark_Editor as admin, and select Restore default settings (Don't Restart PC).

4.Install Take Ownership, and Goto:

C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US, and Take Ownership of basebrd.dll.mui, and rename basebrd.dll.mui.bak

C:\Windows\System32\en-US, and Take Ownership of shell32.dll.mui, and rename shell32.dll.mui.bak

5.Copy & Paste:

basebrd.dll.mui from desktop, to C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US.

shell32.dll.mui from desktop, to C:\Windows\System32\en-US.

6.Open Command Prompt as admin and use this cmd

mcbuilder

7.Restart Pc.

NOTES:
    I remove watermark this way because i read that just using My_WCP_Watermark_Editor on windows 8.1 preview can make the apps crash!!!

5. Zeblade

Zeblade MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I didnt read this whole thread. I installed 8.1...had the water mark.. a no lie its gone. I did nothing. I am putting it back to 8 I have to many small programs I use allot that dont work yet and they wont fix them because "beta" and not full release of 8.1. I know you cant just use system restore, I have it image backup all the time.

Yet thanks for this info though..

6. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    In case you installed the Preview as an upgrade the watermark in most cases disappears after a time. Noticed that on upgraded Win 8.1 Pro WMC, whereas my fresh installed Previews of Pro, Core, Server Standard and Datacenter still show it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I still don't get why anyone would want to alter the OS just to remove a watermark. This thread is proof that removing the watermark makes changes to the OS that is not beneficial.

8. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    At what point does the modifications to the watermark become a hindrance or detriment to the OS?

I see no issue which would not affect the performance nor quality of the beta. Don't get me wrong I'm not praising Windows 8/8.1 but modifications are just plain fun.

9. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Just a thought....

If you upgrade thru store for a legit win8, then it's just like installing a SP beta on a legit windows, as you know when you do that windows doesn't show a "Service Pack Beta" watermark; if you still got a watermark after Store upgrade, maybe setup[ found something fishy in the activation, if you got your win8.1 de-activated - then it's because setup is definite that your win8 activation is not legit.....:p

It's just an idea on what's happening.

10. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Work for me, thanks!!!

11. ADMiNZ

ADMiNZ MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2008
    remove watermark ru-RU :(

12. 33Region

33Region MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
  13. stiller

stiller MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2013
    Hey,

Can't download. It downloads a .php file.

14. ace2

ace2 Guest

Rename .php to .rar and open with 7-Zip

15. kastrel

kastrel MDL Member

Mar 7, 2013
    remove watermark Pt-Br Please
    :(

16. Boops

Boops MDL Addicted

Jan 5, 2008
    #137 Boops, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    I'll help, put the files for me to download...

Eu vou ajudar, coloque os arquivos para eu baixar ...

17. Soiarn

Soiarn MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    If I am not totally incorrect, isn't there a place where Windows stores the Desktop background, where the watermark is applied, and you can just paste the wallpaper over that file?

18. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Sadly u are... watermarks have nothing to do with wallpaper..:(

19. Soiarn

Soiarn MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    I know but when you set your wallpaper, windows stores it and applies the watermark, i've seen it done before :p