How to reveal Office 2019 key

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ccc1522, Mar 30, 2019.

1. ccc1522

ccc1522 MDL Junior Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I have Office 2019 (retail version) installed on my computer. It is activated, but I have lost the key. I have a backup, but I also like to keep a hard copy of the keys in case of emergency.
    How can I see the key that was used during the install of my Office programs?
    I have tried some different programs, but none of them show the full key.

2. athanato

athanato MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Have you tried AIDA64 or Belarc Advisor?

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    How can I see the key that was used during the install of my Office programs?
    You have two ways: the first - You have it (You got it with Your software if You bought it), the second - it is stored on Your Microsoft account (it will always stored there, if You have account. Microsoft stores it there (without asking You) as soon as You have logged in to Your Microsoft account. Thre it is.
    It is not stored In Your computer, there is ailable only five last number and letters, everything else is encrypted.
    On Your account it is also not visible, but You can see it if You will install office again and then select to instal from local media, not from internet. Then You can see it and copy if needed. No other way doesn't exist.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ccc1522

ccc1522 MDL Junior Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I signed in to my Microsoft account, opened Word, went to account, clicked on change license, but it says it can't find any office licenses associated with my account?

So I then tried to install office again. I disconnected the internet, then I just opened the office iso (which was on another drive, not the internet), but it just installed and didn't ever give me a chance to see the key. It installed and automatically activated (I guess because the previous version was activated).
    Do I need to uninstall office before I "reinstall from local media" ?

5. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Those program will show the full MAK key. OP tells the office is installed with a retail key and the above program will show the last 5 letters/digits of the retail key not full imo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Leif Targo

Leif Targo MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2009
    no, ...\Office16\... is for Office 2016/2019/2021 - it depends on the path to file OSPP.VBS
    ....\Office15\.... is for Office 2013
    ....\Office14\.... is for Office 2010