[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    I hope you know what i mean. It's just annoying when you see this CMD window during the installationprocess. :)

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This is the next test in line, i had this too in the past, but have to run my old iso to see:)

3. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Thank you. This doesn't work :-( - Can it work? The thing is i think... the .ini is not the problem or hpw to say it in english ^^ there you can't say "start YAOCTRIR-Installer.cmd minimized or somthing like this"

Am i right or? Hope you know what i mean.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I use YAOCTRI not YAOCTRIR, because i activate it by KMS anyway. I also use office 2019 pp, downloaded by YAOCTRU.

Running another test.

5. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
  6. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Try it under windows like i do. Normally it will appear the CMD-Window and in your case the Office-Windows too, because you have the DisplayLevel=True. I have it on False and in my case it opens only the CMD-Window.

The thing is i think, in your case Office installs before you get into the Windows-Desktop (during the Win-Installation-Setup).
    In my case i have a Program that installs all Progs (see the Screenshot) and this will start when i log into Windows. So you will not see your Office-Installation like i do.

hc_001.gif

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You said you had it integrated in the ISO, i assumed it was properly integrated by installing it in setupcomplete stage, the cmd window can't be hidden when running it manually after windows is installed (afaik).

8. Windows_Addict

Windows_Addict MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2018
    @Qu1goN
    Add this line at the top of that batch script, it will show a flick of cmd window and then it will be hidden. You can use vbs method to make it completely hidden but that it slightly messy method.

Some AV's may detect such attempts to hide cmd window as malicious though.
    Code:
    @powershell -window hidden -command ""
    To make it minimized,
    Code:
    @powershell -window minimized -command ""

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    @Enthousiast siast It is in my SetupComplete but a little different. See the Code.

@Windows_Addict Which batch? This is my SetupComplete.cmd - a small example from me to test the Office-Installation (see the code). Hidden will help and will be better then now. completely hidden will be perfekt,
    but i have no plan what you mean with vbs and how to do this :-( Can you put this what is needed in my code for me please?

Code:
    @echo off
    REM Modified by Addonkopierer - START
    REM Windows-Version=x64
    for %%x in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%x:\sources\install.wim set DVD=%%x:

start /wait %DVD%\Addons\ROExAdd64.exe "LogonUI" "1-LogonUI.cmd" "" "Installiere_Addons"

start /wait %DVD%\Addons\ROExAdd64.exe "Office19" "YAOCTRIR-Installer.cmd" "Installiere_Addons"
    start /wait %DVD%\Addons\ROExAdd64.exe "VBCRedist" "VBCRedist.exe" "/VERYSILENT /LANG=de" "Installiere_Addons"

start /wait %DVD%\Addons\ROExAdd64.exe "RegTweaks" "3-RegTweaks.cmd" "" "Installiere_Addons"

REM Modified by Addonkopierer - ENDE
    del /q /f "%0"

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This is my setupcomplete (cleanup and windows pre-settings are done by MRP):

Code:
    @echo off

call "%WinDir%\Setup\Scripts\YAOCTRI_Installer.cmd"

11. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    This is ok and i have a iso with this method and it is the same. only i have the YAOCTRIR_Installer.cmd but its the same line.

12. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    @Qu1goN
    In post logon installation, use call command as @Enthousiast showed you, and it will be executed in the same window, you can suppress the output with 1>nul 2>nul
    Code:
    call "%WinDir%\Setup\Scripts\YAOCTRI_Installer.cmd" 1>nul 2>nul
    and add that PowerShell command in the script to hide the window which is being used to call other scripts and tools. That should be enough to make it hidden.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It's hidden as i showed, even with displaylevel=true (with displaylevel=false, it didn't install office in my tests earlier tonight).

14. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018

15. Windows_Addict

Jul 19, 2018
    Will check it.

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This quote tells it is not done properly:
    iirc from @abbodi1406 then it will always show the cmd. I am talking about the usage of yaoctri how it's intended to be used, afaik.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  18. Qu1goN

Qu1goN MDL Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    #4040 Qu1goN, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    If you start it under Windows, as I already mentioned, you can see if and what opens. Just because you can't see it because office was already installed for you before logging in, it doesn't mean that no windows were opened. I'm doing a video to show it.

The CMD-Window will always start but with

DisplayLevel=True = you will see the Office-Windows during installation
    DisplayLevel=False = you will not (so you see only the CMD-Window mentioned above)