[HOW-TO/SUPPORT/CHAT] OFFICE C2R Download/Install/Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by s1ave77, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    If you read the OP, it's strange to see an old version of the script mentioned. There is also another solution indicated there, and this is indicated as an alternative.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    C2R-R2V-AIO = Office Click-to-Run Retail-to-Volume AIO
    This means that to activate you need to find the correct solution on the forum or on the Internet. For example, ohook is now actively “promoting” with the ability to activate subscription (365) licenses.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AjT3X

AjT3X MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2023
    Good day
    I want to install Office ProPlus 2024 Volume CR2 with Channel "DogfoodDevMain (MS Internal Use Only).
    What exactly does this DogfoodDevMain channel mean?
    Does this mean I will get buggy or test updates etc. via this channel?
    Or should I rather use the "Monthly Channel Dogfood" ?
    Thank you

4. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    This is a Microsoft official (not public) channel for testing the earliest versions, so they have the current and future months. Some of the tested features are inactive in normal mode and are activated by hidden flags (similar to Windows, when you read about activating functions by utilities).
    The risks of testing were discussed in the relevant topic. Specifically my answer: Yesterday.
    Microsoft products are managed by licenses, including Windows and Office/Microsoft 365 varieties. New (2024) licenses are currently only available on the designated channel, so there is no point in looking for new licenses there until products are updated on other channels. This may take several months.
    The initial versions of programs with a preview license are already shown in the profile topic, so compare the available versions in different branches (channels) in any way. If you have the “needed” version and higher, choose any one - the frequency of receiving updates depends on the name of the channel (daily, monthly, delayed release, etc.).

5. liog

liog MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2023
    I installed Office through OInstall but when I click on every program (word, excel etc.) nothing happens.
    I noticed if I start them from the same installer they work, as well as If I right click and run them as administrator.

Any solution?

6. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Remove in the normal way (in system settings), use OfficeScrubber to remove any remaining residue. Install with the OfficeRTool software recommended on this forum. Alternatively Office Tool Plus with the separate topic.
    OInstall is prohibited on this forum due to the closed warez code. If you want to use it, then look for the author of the utility.

7. liog

liog MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2023
    I installed it with OfficeRTool this time, and same problem.
    I don't know what to do more... I'm trying every possible solution but seems nothing works

8. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Something strange is happening on your PC. What happens when running directly from program files?

9. liog

liog MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2023
    If I start the program as it is, nothing happens.
    If I run it as administrator it works

10. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Reboot your PC to make sure that no service process is temporary running with incorrect permissions. Otherwise I have not encountered such a problem. It looks like a system bug or you broke something in it. I can only suggest trying to resolve the issue with Microsoft support.

11. liog

liog MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2023
    I FIXED IT:
    Surfing around I found out that Ccleaner may cause issues with Office, so I removed it (but I don't know if it was related only to this), Once removed it, another problem occured: instead of nothing happening when clicking a file, this time I got the error "Cannot Find C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WinWord.exe", so I edited the register and deleted the folder winword in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\winword.exe and then it worked!
    I repeated the same for the other programs I have (deleted the folders excel, outlook, powerpoint in the same path)

I think It'd be useful to put this info in the appropriate section, in case someone else has the same issues

12. fredgray

fredgray MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2019
    Many posts around the internet say that CCCleaner may have been good at one time long ago.....but these days it just causes damages and should not be used.

13. swarst_007

swarst_007 MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2019
    Hi everbody!

Is there a way to activate office 365 activate permanently without having to do this again every 180 days?

THX and best regards,

Swarst

14. Dolmatov

Dolmatov MDL Addicted

Aug 16, 2017
    Google: ohook (massgrave).

15. ITIdiot

ITIdiot MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2023
    #5116 ITIdiot, Dec 1, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
    Does a fully update to date Office Professional Plus 2016 C2R exist? I really abhor how it takes 20-30 minutes to install, usually Office takes longer than the entire imaging process I do at work. If I could find a way to cut that way down, I'd feel much better about it. I've heard a script from OSDeploy can cut it down by 15-20%, but still.

Considering this would be for work, I'd prefer an answer that was actually kosher. Is there some unlisted MSDN link for this? Can I repack a fully updated installation into an ISO/MSI? Something else?

16. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    use office tools plus to create 2016 up to date , and after activate with ohook aka massgravel 2.5 ( google search github )

17. redsunset

redsunset MDL Member

Mar 16, 2022
    Hi. Does latest O365 (activated with ohook) enable using IFS in Excel ?

18. ITIdiot

ITIdiot MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2023
    Being this is for work, there's about zero chance I'll be using ohook. As far OTP - where does it download the files from? Are there static msdn links for a fully updated 2016 Pro Plus somewhere?

19. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011