How to transfer email to a CD?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by jetjock, Apr 2, 2011.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    My sister uses Yahoo mail and has a folder full (200+) emails in a folder there. She would like to transfer this folder to a CD for safekeeping. Is there any way this can be done so that the emails will be readable? From what I saw, the emails are a mixed bag; some have attachments, some don't. Yahoo will not allow her to perform any bulk action on these emails; it says everything must be done one email at a time.

Does anyone have an idea how this (moving to a CD) can be done with a minimum of effort?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
  4. doc

doc MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    Maybe this can help you: en.help.mailstore.com/Archiving_Server_Mailboxes

The program is free for personal use. I never tried it for yahoo. Perhaps you should ;)

5. icemanx

icemanx MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2010
    why not just download with outlook and then copy the database it creates to a CD/DVD

thats how I do all mine
    saves time and energy with installing many software and folders when you already have a email program that yahoo can download to

and yes yahoo can either use pop3 or you can redirect emails to another account

have a nice day