how to update phoenix bios in samsung n110

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by _UkaRZ_, Aug 24, 2009.

1. _UkaRZ_

_UkaRZ_ MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    #1 _UkaRZ_, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Hi,

I would like to update my bios to but I don't know how ;/ First of all my bios version is 040D. Do I need to update first to 060D and after that flash it with the one prepared by Busykid508 for njdevsfan2487? Can someone please give me tutorial showing how to update bios using phlash16

Thank you

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Did you even use the search function before you decided to make a new thread?

3. _UkaRZ_

_UkaRZ_ MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    I did use search options but results were not helpful enough. What I found was:

"...Flash BIOS in DOS using PHLASH16 and Bootable USB Flash Drive -Copy Phlash16 and Modified Bios.WPH to USB FLash Drive - At command prompt, type: phlash16 /x bios.wph"

but it was not the answer to my question. Still I do not know if I have to upgrade first to original bios ver. 06D0 or I can use modded bios straight away.

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    It does not make a difference you don't have to update the Bios in order to use the modded one. So just flash with the modded one. No need flash more then you have to. The modded Bios is newer then what you have now so you'll be fine as long as you followed the directions on a proper flash.

5. _UkaRZ_

_UkaRZ_ MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
    Thank you for your quick response, but what do you mean by 'proper flash'?