How To Use W10UI To Create Windows 10/Windows 11 ISOs With All Windows Updates Pre-Installed

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by KedarWolf, Jul 12, 2021.

1. orgon3

orgon3 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2016
    Thanks for the tutorial. Quick question though. In your first W10UI.cmd (when integrating updates into an ISO) you have Cleanup and ResetBase enabled. May I ask why you chose this and if you recommend it? If I then use that ISO to install windows to a PC, can that PC still use Reset this PC? (is that note for ISO images or for in-place upgrades)

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Cleanup = compressing the superseded components.
    Resetbase = entirely removing the superseded components.

For Win 11 22h2 it's not recommended to use any cleanup when you're planning on enrolling into the IP channels or manually installing Beta channel updates.

Most users use resetbase (which will only work when cleanup is enabled) to reduce the install.wim file size (i.e. trying to fit FAT32 max. file size of 4GB) and also results in a smaller ISO file size.

Only on 1809 builds the resetbase option will break the "Reset PC" option under Recovery in settings, but now only Server/Enterprise 2019 LTSC are the only supported 1809 SKUs this is getting less important.