How to view animated gifs in windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pierrejaquet, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Corgano

Corgano MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2013
    #21 Corgano, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    That is really strange, try manually going to %WinDir%\gif\ (you can copy paste that into explorer and it'll work :p) and check the compatibility settings of rundll32.exe. It should be set for windows XP SP3 with run as administrator UNCHECKED. Other than that, I don't know? anyone else getting this?

UPX is completely supported by AutoIt, however a lot of viruses and malware in the past have used UPX. Most antiviruses see UPX compression and instantly flag the file regardless of what it is. So to avoid the issues around false positives, I opted just to not compress it

For anyone reading and wondering, more information here: http ://www autoitscript com/forum/topic/34658-are-my-autoit-exes-really-infected/

2. searchengine

searchengine Guest

#22 searchengine, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    @Corgano...

Thanks for posting autoit info.

Just ran installer in Win7 (x32bit vmware test).

Errors:-

1.Open gif... 'dll' library error.
    (Fixed by right click 'Windows\gif\rundll32.exe' and checked run as administrator)

2.Setting 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' to always open gifs... Item Type sets as 'Tif Image'
    (Fixed by changeing registry 'FriendlyTypeName' from shimgvw.dll,-306 to shimgvw.dll,-302)

3.Default .Gif (File Association)... Icon incorrect
    (Fixed by changeing registry 'DefaultIcon' from shimgvw.dll,4 to shimgvw.dll,-3)

4.printto\command... path points to non existing files 'C:\rundll32.exe C:\shimgvw.dll'

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    If you set Compatibility to XPSP3 then that program always requests Admin permissions regardless of the checkmark. This is because under XP everything did run with Admin permissions under the default settings, and many XP programs just assume they have.

4. hawkeye22

hawkeye22 MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2013
    try this
    4*shared[dot]com/zip/HbwFLGdu/GIFViewer.html