[HOW TO] Windows 8 Built in Screen Capturing Tool

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by EricMarsi, Aug 27, 2012.

1. EricMarsi

EricMarsi MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    In any app including the desktop press win+prnt scrn, the go to your pictures folder and under a new folder called screencap is a cap in a image. no need for copying to mspaint anymore

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    I've read this before and I keep forgetting. After Vista came out I got so used to not being able to Shift-PrtScr anymore so I don't even think about PrtScr. Maybe one of these days, thanks for the reminder!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  4. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    I guess it's not widely known: use snipping tool in a metro screen:-
    1. If you want to snip a pic in the metro screen, first go to desktop and launch snipping tool.
    2. go back to the metro screen(hover mouse to top left of screeen to pick the metro screen)
    3. Ctrl-PrtScr. :D

5. norlyn

norlyn MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2014
    You can also use Free Online Screenshot from screenshot.net. This tool can help you take multiple screenshots easily without any hassle, plus you can add annotations and then share your captured image to well known social media sites.

6. drclean

drclean MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    Windows has problem step recorder built in, run psr from run window it is very nice.