How write cracks, activators, loaders ?

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by My_analog_life, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My_analog_life

My_analog_life MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2012
    Hi, I know programming in C using the standard library and a bit of x86 assembly, but I have no knowledge of Win32. What should I study to write cracks, activators, loaders?
    Could indicate books, tools, softwares?

Thank You!!!!!

2. woot332

woot332 MDL Senior Member

Feb 18, 2011
    #2 woot332, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    MDL is not a warez forum and most forums that deals with RE stuff does not
    allow cracking of commercial software. As far this stuff goes google "unpackme" or "arteam".

3. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    Books, tools, software... do not help.

You need.

1. Intimate knowledge of techniques used to secure things.
    2. A good knowledge of mistakes in current software deveopment techniques.
    3. What sort of short cuts programmers make in writing code.
    4. An in depth knowledge of your target, what it does, how it was written and how it is activated.
    6. Exemplary debugging skills.
    7. Experience. Lots.
    8. Time, Lots and then some.

After that you might just be a very well paid developer, so why bother.

4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    This really isn't a question you can ask. It's something you need to learn yourself.

First thing you need to understand is protection platforms and how people secure there property from reverse engineering, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if this topic is locked.

5. My_analog_life

My_analog_life MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2012
    Sorry, that is usually what I see are cracks of programs at the application layer. I was surprised with the Daz Loader. That is why I am asking.
    This forum is unlike anything I've seen, I'm still not understanding it right, has several novel terms for me, as SLIC, BIOS Mods, etc..:rolleyes:

6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Here's what you have to do:

Learn how digital logic works (Logic gates, Microprocessors and Embedded controllers.) Once you've learned how the hardware works, you then have to learn how to write in assembler. (Bit twiddling, I/O ports, Memory Mapped I/O, etc.) Then, You have to learn the operating system. Windows has hundreds of function calls, each of which has zero or more parameters. There are also hundreds of data structures that you will need to familiarize yourself with.

And that's just the Windows SDK.:confused:

Now, repeat the above process for Windows device drivers.

Did I mention the High level math you'll have to familiarize yourself with? Crypto is based on number theory.:druff:

Many of the more sophisticated key algorithms use crypto techniques. Dongles use device drivers.

Like BobSheep said, at this point, you'll be worth your weight in gold to a software house. You'll then be able to buy aany software you want. :D

And you're right. This place is special because there are so many knowledgeable people who have one thought in mind; helping one another.

And that's a blessed thing. :)

Best of luck with your studies.

:Miki.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Pr3acher

Pr3acher MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    For this i htink you have to go on your own.. Learn ASM, Reverse engineering hwo CPU works, memory Input/Output.
    Try to google for 'arteam' or 'reteam' or 'shmeitcorp'. Read Iczelion tuts on asm
    good luck ;)