Howdy.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by hybridseries, Aug 17, 2012.

1. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Hey there.

I used to be pretty active in the software scene but dropped out of it a few years ago when one of my favorite forums closed down and the rest seemed to fill up with people who felt they were entitled to free stuff just because they knew how to install uTorrent. I used to love the feeling of being able to find new things, discuss how things worked, make modifications, etc.; it used to be a lot more about sharing and knowledge, then it seemed to shift to just a bunch of people wanting keys and cracked software. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. I think the breaking point for me was when I saw some kid arguing that he was allowed to pirate software because piracy was protected by Fair Use Doctrine.

Anyway, I've browsed these forums off and on but never signed up until I started reading some of the Windows 8 discussions. It's nice to see people that have an actual intellectual interest in things and I've actually learned a lot about how the Windows 8 activation process works from reading the MDL forums. Hopefully I'll be able to positively contribute to the more intellectual discussion that I've seen here. :)

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Right now MDL has become filled with those types of people begging and pleading for anything they can get for free. Don't worry, it's not always like that. Welcome!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hybridseries

hybridseries MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2012
    Yeah, they always gravitate to places with answers when major releases come out; they also tend to get frustrated and leave pretty quickly when they find out that they need to be patient or that some work might be involved in getting what they want. ;)

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...