HOWTO activate Windows 7 with WoW7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by acerola, Jul 29, 2009.

1. jess_

jess_ MDL Member

Sep 3, 2008
    #201 jess_, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. eamonn79

eamonn79 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    grub bootloader help!!

when i installed the bat file and restarted my pc it went to grub bootloader what do i do then to boot into windows????? help!!

3. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    when i used wow it booted automatically into windows, if you see some sort of boot menu choose windows and see if it activated. The 7Emulation worked for me on a different pc too. Hazars worked for me when i did x64 bit, wow7 worked for me on pc were others didn`t, and recentley used 7Emulation on a packardbell laptop that worked too. :):)

4. jess_

jess_ MDL Member

Sep 3, 2008
    @shawdy greetings

thx_vm for your feedback and respect
    good test!
    good luck

5. mastercard

mastercard MDL Novice

May 19, 2008
    worked perfectly on my HP 8510W :D

was about to give up after several loaders failed and seeing how nobody was able to mod the bios to slic 2.1 :eek:

only thing that didnt work was RW-everything which got stuck reading acpi and then crashed :confused:

so I just continued without it and it all worked:cool:

6. blkopsmeister

blkopsmeister MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    Hello there,
    I have an ASUS COMMANDO mobo with AMI bios and after trying WOW7 for several times, it doesn't work. I tried it on an ASUS laptop I had lying around and it did work. So I'm guessing that this is an issue related with the the bios and my mobo.

Has anyone successfully activated Windows 7 with WOW on an ASUS COMMANDO or with an AMI bios?

I'd appreciate your help.

Regards,
    BlK0Ps

7. ColdAsIce

ColdAsIce MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Activated on HP 6715s. Thanks alot.

8. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    no problem :):)

9. ivanox1972

ivanox1972 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2007
    I have dual boot> on C xp, and on e win7...
    Do I need to install wow on C (as it described as R for reserved partition, which I do not have)...
    Thanks...

10. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    i didn`t have a restore partition either r:i had c: win 7 and d: spare

I installed from desktop of c.

I would read up a bit before installing it , theres a chance it will mess up your dual boot...

Dont take my word for it but i have a feeling it might, just do a bit of reading first, you might have to something other than just activate it to get the loader working with dual boot, not sure...

11. smilin' jack

smilin' jack MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2009
    OK I am officially stumped

I have tried many methods all to no avail.
    I thought I would try WOW7, because it looked simple.
    I followed every direction carefully. I renamed my Reservered partition R:, I edited the batch files. I could not get install to "take" - I kept getting messages telling me that I had one protection violation or another while running install.cmd. But, I went and changed ownership, read only status, etc on the files in R:
    No luck.
    I rebooted, tried again, and voila. It worked (I thought) as it should. I rebooted and it still shows 30 days left....
    If I run RW Everything I cannot find SLIC on this motherboard (Intel DQ45). This is a brand new, current Intel product.
    I tried to enter product keys (from all the keys I have) and it would not take any.
    Where do I go from here??

12. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    not sure but i it was me first i would remove that partition with something like acronis disk dirtector (not sure it will make a difference ) but this is what id personally try. I suppose if you tried all the others you have run them as administrator ?

Maybe you can remove it with the built in disk manager thing. where did you run it from the r partition ? did you make it active ?

13. dubairan

dubairan MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2008
    Dear Friend,
    I used HP 530 laptop. For active Windows 7 I tried but I did not succeed.:confused:

2 Point:

1-in Seventh step: (7. Open R:\wow7 and run install.bat. You should get the message:...) I can not see messages, the black window page will disappear very fast.

2-when I install Windows 7, in final stage Windows will automatically cra*ck.(My DVD Windows 7 Build is 7600, 64-bit operating system. By using this DVD on other laptop models, Windows 7 will automatically Active. But in my laptop does not work and active for 30days only)

Sorry, I do not know English language well. I hope you understand my problem.

Thanks

14. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
  15. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    it seems that model gives people lots of problems, although a softmod should work.

i recentley used a pre activated win7 iso i dowloaded from demonoid torrent, you might like to give a go...:)

16. shawdy

shawdy MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    do a google search/ torrent search etc for this " Windows_7_Ultimate_Activated_AIO "

17. vinnie05

vinnie05 MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2009
    Thankyou to all involved, worked perfectly on my hp nc6220 laptop.

i had no end of troubles trying to get vista to work 12months ago and i was sure i was going to have the same problems with win7