HOWTO activate Windows 7 with WoW7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by acerola, Jul 29, 2009.

1. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. enb141

enb141 MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2009
    Tested on my DP45SG but no luck doesn't works either.

3. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    I've tried WoW7, and found that while it works perfectly in a VMWare machine, it does not work on my physical machine (ASUS P5Q Deluxe board with 2301 bios).
    When it boots, it just hangs at the "Starting Windows" screen forever.

If I hold SHIFT, and run GRUB without executing the WOW.exe patch first, it boots fine, so it doesn't seem to be a grub issue, but then again that wouldn't allow activation anyway.
    I tried replacing the GRLDR and GRUB.EXE files with the newest ones from the latest version of Grub4DOS, and while they work the same, they don't fix the freezing problem when WOW.EXE is run.
    I also tried to replace the entire bootdisk image with a FreeDOS one, and while that also seems to work the same, it still doesn't fix the freezing issue when WOW.EXE is executed. Still boots fine if I only run GRUB though.

Is there any known solution to this problem?

4. acerola

acerola MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    WOW7 is not compatible with all BIOSes. Yours might be incompatible.

There are newer activators and loaders. Check out the thread called "offical repository".

Another option is to flash a modded BIOS and use no loader at all. I did this on my P6TD Deluxe.

5. steavenku

steavenku MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2010
    Is there any could reupload the image of WoW 7.0.1?

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This method got obsolete with all the new developments since 2009 (DAZ Windows Loader and KMS(_VL_ALL)).