HP 802.11 b/g Wireless Lan Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NICK@NUMBER11, Nov 1, 2012.

1. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Thats completely irrelevant to the problem described here, go post somewhere else in the forum.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Also update the HP Wireless Assistant/HP Connection Manager (crappy app I ever seen) :aglerks:

3. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    I would uninstall it. Its nothing more than a wireless network manager which Windows already has included (obviously)

4. wildbilll

wildbilll MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    I used to have a NTSC TV set. Instead of trying to do a work around like going with cable tv for the analog signal so I could keep working with NTSC on the old TV, I went with a new TV. Much more robust feature set.
    I wrote about the efforts that finally paid off getting the built in wifi working on the Pavilion Media Center PC, it took a lot of time to get it to work. It is a bit silly to work on getting it to function in 8, whilst using a different wifi adapter to get it on the internet to download all of the suggested drivers, read the advice posted here.
    When I think about the time and frustration, and I am left with a working B/G wifi adapter, and I THEN REMOVED the B/G/N adapter that was in there that allowed me to declare victory on this issue, I did stop and wonder why and what is my time worth.