HP BIOS xx60 & xx70 find password

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by andrew_77, Jun 8, 2018.

1. andrew_77

andrew_77 MDL Novice

May 7, 2013
    Hello. I am very interested in the subject of the BIOS password on the HP xx60 and xx70 series.
    I work in a company that buys large quantities of equipment after leasing. There is a password in many laptops.
    I suspect that in many models there is the same password. If there was a way to find them, I would not have to reprogram each laptop separately.

I would like to ask you if there is any way to find a password from the contents of the file that we had previously set up.
    I prepared two BIOS files.
    The testing model is HP 8460p, which is not supported by the old Mazzif tool.
    The first file is a completely clean BIOS, with a laptop that never had a password.
    The second file is a locked BIOS, just after the password is created.
    The password is MyDigital18
    The files differ, but the good news is that a large part (region) can be omitted from the comparisons.
    If only you could find a place where the password is stored, and the way it was hashed or encrypted....

I will be able to post the link to the file only in the next post. Say, please, is there any way for this problem and if anyone is willing to try?

Sorry for my poor english :)
    Regards

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. maxcombor

maxcombor MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    Sorry for long time for reply , its easy to clean pass on those notebooks , just compare hex and that is its about 3 line in hex only pain is unslodering the chip. I was in similar situation like you trying to find easy solution on internet half month because i`m lazy ,after I decide to pick up soldering iron , "Brain.exe" Hexeditor and Yeaaaa in five minutes problem solved with a loot off imported laptops.