Hp Dc 5800 Problem

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by zaheerabbas, Dec 20, 2013.

1. zaheerabbas

zaheerabbas MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2013
    Hi, I got Hp Dc5800 Few days back, I have windows 8 professional (64-Bit) installed. It was working fine till i got a problem with electricity. It gets off suddenely and when the PC start again. It always start "automatic repair" and it always get stuck at Automatic repair. If i try 10 times it works 2 or 3 times.

I install windows-8 three times and it works in starts but after using it 1 or 2 hours it shows again the "Automatic repair problem" I also use dvd / USB bootable to repair but it does'nt work.

I try to install xp but it says you have no hard drive installed on your pc. I read on internet that it happens when you have a SATA hard drive and your hard-drive is not setup to install xp setup. It can be fixed but i need floppy disk. But that's not a problem.

I tried 3 operating systems. XP 7 and 8. Xp did not install but 7 and 8 always install smoothly. But Windows 7 and 8 always hang on pc startup boot screen. In windows 7, it gets hang after few minutes of using.

I Don't what the problem is? I also have formated full hard drive but still getting the error.

I know there is a solution and experts here at MDL can help me. Looking forword to hear from you.
    (Sorry for grammer mistakes)

2. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    This is just a rough guess, but it could well be a hardware error. I would get something like Hiren's Boot CD and run diagnostics on the hard drive and memory.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    hirensbootcd.org