HP dv7-1270us win 7 ultimate 64 bit

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by HagenFrankenstein, Mar 16, 2012.

1. HagenFrankenstein

HagenFrankenstein MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2012
    I tried flashing a bios for insyde f.2d modded as I was currently running f.2d unmodded, and I'm getting hung up at a blank, black screen with a flashing cursor.

HP dv7-1270us
    Win 7 ultimate 64 bit, 6 gigs RAM

BIOS ID says 30F4

I can't extract the original s51315.exe bios from HP's support page, as the only computer with a working OS is the one that's stuck D:

I managed to find a .rar copy of s5315 and I think its unmodded, can't be certain though. I've tried following the HP Recovery post and I renamed the .fd files to 30F4.fd and even tried .bin too, even tried capitalized and lowercase.

I've received beep codes from 1, 3, 4, and once when I put more than one file on my usb thumb drive (2gig size) it had a beep pattern of 15/13/15/13/15..... o_O

I tried one more time, and placed the 30F3 and 30F4 with .fd extensions on the root of my usb drive and upon win + B then ac power then power button, it beeped 3 times and went silent...

I'm new to BIOS flashing and so far the information I've found has just confused me more and I have no idea how to go about fixing this :(

2. HagenFrankenstein

Mar 16, 2012
    also read something about the flag of 0 being for flashing bios, 1 being based in application. i had a 30F4 with a 0 and one with a 1. I've tried both and tried the included 30F3 in the ways stated and still can't seem to get unstuck. I can't make a usb boot drive? because I have no way of unpacking the s51315.exe file on my tablet :( please HELP

3. HagenFrankenstein

Mar 16, 2012

alright, so to clear things up, this is what helped for me, I followed the instructions and bought a new 2gb SanDisk thumb drive and got my BIOS back up and running. Still not sure how to properly flash the modded BIOS, as I think that was the first issue, but I've posted information in the Insyde request thread.