HP .fd BIOS Files??

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ComputerCave, May 20, 2017.

1. ComputerCave

ComputerCave MDL Novice

May 20, 2017
    -Hi all,

I am trying to recover my laptop from a bricked BIOS and am having difficulties finding a .BIN file of the BIOS to use with my EPROM programmer to write to the chip. My laptop is a DV7-3165DX and after downloading the F.13 BIOS file from HP, I unpacked it with 7-Zip and extracted out the .FD file with the EFI and ROM files. Writing this .FD file to the chip does nothing the computer shows no signs of life where if I reimage the chip with the corrupt bios image I get the Caps Lock and Num Lock lights flashing twice signaling a BIOS error. Is there anyway to edit the .FD file to make it work as a binary file or does anyone have or know where I might find a .BIN version of the BIOS. Thanks in advance all help is greatly appreciated :)

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    send me copy of backup.bin and the .fd and ill try to merge it in HxD editor by comparing the 2.

i will say this the DV7 had issues with the chipset (and sometimes the cpu socket) needing reflow and even heat applied under it to not warp board... crap model as the board is very thin