HP Insyde BIOS recovery steps.

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kallisti5, Jul 23, 2012.

1. nalco

nalco MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    when i used phoenix tool it says unable to verify slic digital signature, but files create. is it problem??

2. nalco

nalco MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    okay finally i got it here is the solution. for g62 they use the 01439.fd file

First, you have to go to your model name on the original HP web, and download the so called "BIOS Update Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI)" than, install it, and choose USB option. Now you have your USB prepared.

Second, you have to download the original BIOS. At that point i ahve to say, that for my model, there are several BIOS option at the HP web, first is the normal bios. (and old versions) But we need the so called : Winflash blbabla Bios, which contain the only BIOS that worked for me. So download it (F.08). Once downloaded, unzip it with WINRAR. Now you have a folder with the original BIOS. Rename the .fd file to .bin.

Third, download the Phonix Mod v.2.11, install it, and aply it to your .bin file. Now you will will have a xxxx.bin.dec file and a RSA.SIG. Copy these two to Current folder of your already prepared USB stick, then rename xxxx.bin.dec to xxxx.bin, and RSA.SIG to xxxxx.SIG (the same as the previous .bin file). Example:

01439.bin.DEC --> 01439.bin
    RSA.SIG ----> 01439.SIG

FOURS, unplug everything (batery, power, USBs), then, plug the power cable on, and then the USB stick. Now, turn on your computer, everything should go just FINE

ONLY F0.8 WORKİNG...

thnx everybody for helps..

3. maxxxslo

maxxxslo MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    I have 2 blinks, i've tried to repair BIOS, using this method,
    but even now when it's refashed, i still get black screen and 2 blinks.

any ideas on how to proceed from here?

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    post more info that 2 blinks.. model pc.. versions of bios it had.. bios that crash

5. maxxxslo

maxxxslo MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    CAPS and NUM LOCK do 2 short blinks, then long pause, and again 2 blinks, long pause, ...
    it's repeating over and over.

Laptop model is HP Pavilion DV7-3101EA
    I dont know what version did it previously had, because this is my friends laptop, and i just have it to try fix it as cheap as possible.

It's still doing the same thing as when i got it.

I cant find any older BIOS on HP site than F14 and F15 for it i think. Why is that so?

Also, i noticed that everytime i plug AC adapter in laptop, Power LED blinks 3 times short and 1 time long then stops.

If you need any more info, let me know.

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    so u think its bios ? what about ram ?

use sp45774.exe to make UEFI USB

Fn + ESC with one of these filenames .BIN

A.BIN suggested by phoenix mod tool.. but no 3635F12.bin.DEC created = not the EFI type or is it ? check at the dloads page in Tools for Recovery USB. sp45774.exe

3635.BIN
    3636.BIN
    3637.BIN
    3638.BIN
    3639.BIN
    363A.BIN

7. maxxxslo

maxxxslo MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    I think you misunderstood me :(
    I've managed to reflash blindly (combination was WIN + B)
    but i still have the same blink code, and no video :(

I'll might go for the "Reflow" option, and see if that helps.

8. ominade

ominade MDL Novice

Nov 14, 2012
    hel latinmcg

latinmcg you can reply to the post I made about Dell Latitude E6410 bios password please help :co_O

9. OhAnton

OhAnton MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    kallisti5
    I made this forum account just to say THANK YOU!!!11!one!!
    I thought I was going to have to throw my computer away.. -.-
    Before I stumbled onto this thread, I checked about 5 other forums and 10 other topics and none of their solutions worked for me. This is amazing!
    Thank yooouuu soo much. :D

10. DJFourmoney

DJFourmoney MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2012
    How are you creating .dec file and rsa.sig? All I did was open the .exe with 7-Zip (Should I be using WinRAR?). I put the .fd file from extraction to into Phoenix 2.11 and all I get is a dump folder with roms in it and two .bios files. No rsa.sig or .dec files.

I also have the WinFlash bios (G61-321NR AMD)

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    use sp45774.exe to make USB EFI

"This utility copies the original factory recovery image from the Recovery Partition to a USB flash disk that can be used to recover the notebook/laptop to its original state."
    NOT THE EFI THAT WE NEED ^

take hdd out and plug it in to another pc and copy the contents of HP_Tools to USB after making the USB with SP45774.
    take HDD out.

in platform.ini
    [Platform_Check]
    flag=2
    PlatformName=363F
    PlatformName2=3652 (<<<file name... .bin or .fd or .WPH or BIOS.WPH but bios.wph usualy uses crisdisk method not insyde)

aka Board ID in bios

Phoenix mod tool 2.11 says F.BI? = F.BIN

12. Ceruuunos

Ceruuunos MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2012
    Thanks j0rdax. This was a big help in getting me on the right track to fix my Envy 14-12xxxx. Here's what I did in case anyone else needs a point of reference. I don't guarantee this will work for every Envy, but it worked for me.

I followed the same procedure J0rdax outlines until Step E. I renamed the Dec and SIG files, and copied everything the Phoenix tools generated into "Current", "New", and "Previous". I followed the rest of the steps exactly (except I did not disconnect the DVD drive, too lazy). My out of warranty Envy now works again. Much appreciation. I don't think my next computer purchase will be a HP any time soon.

13. itazueta

itazueta MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2012
    Bios Bricked Cant get the USB to work

Hello guys,

i tried everything i could think of to get my laptop working again but no success

i was trying this method but my usb is flashing when i turn the laptop on and then there is no reaction what so ever
    if anyone could help me pls im really desperate right now

My specs:

Hp Pavilion DV6-3141

14. jdcc22

jdcc22 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013
    Hi, I'm in the same point with the same FD of hp 3635FXX.FD (XX because I've tested with several versions) :S

If the phoenix tool doesn't generate DEC or SIG, what is the procedure?

15. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    says recovery filename is A.BIN.
    does not seem EFI . old style

could be one of these filenames
    .bin or .fd
    PlatformName=3635
    PlatformName2=3636
    PlatformName3=3637
    PlatformName4=3638
    PlatformName5=3639
    PlatformName6=363A

16. jdcc22

jdcc22 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013
    I suppose you have proccessed it with phoenix tool, I did it too and I got the A.BIN message and the correct platform name is 3636. Using that name the system tries to do something but it doesn't finish, with other names it just shutdown.

When I put the 3636.bin in the usb, the laptop beeps several times periodically (each 5-7secs) during around 40-50 secs, and finally beeps twice and doesn't shutdown. That's the problem :(

17. jdcc22

jdcc22 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013
    Maybe a part of the bios' eeprom has been damaged and can't be recovered, I don't know I have tested everything I have read :S

18. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    make sure u take hdd out .. or the usb cant take over if it has HP_Tools partition in hdd.

try the file 3636.fd instead of .bin

i have a feeling it has a bad ram or bad chipset.

19. jdcc22

jdcc22 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013

Hi,

I have replaced the bios chip, and now it seems the flashing process finish, but after shutdown itself when I try to swith on again it doesn't boot and I have the blinking leds again (twice).

Any idea?