HP OperatingSystem DVD Download

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by golk75, May 1, 2010.

1. golk75

golk75 MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010
    If anyone else needs this let me know and i'll upload the entire dvd again.

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #102 urie, May 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    Why don't you just not upload original $OEM$ folders to 7 Oem Sources Folder Project for people that don't need to download full dvd.

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    #103 tcntad, May 8, 2010
    The OEM Folder just contains the HP certificate, nothing else..

Atleast not in the multilingual dvd..

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What ? $OEM$ folder only contains HP certificate what about branding e.c.t and even activation does it use Autounattend.xml or scripts in $oem$\$$\setup\scripts folder as for multilingual like the dell original do you need six languages be honest.
    P.S. Noticed you over on MSFN :)

5. golk75

golk75 MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010
    This is how I got this HP DVD, you probably heard about it from pcbetas.
    When I installed in my DV6900 Pavillion it automaticly Activated, I had put the SLIC2.1 bios file in first ofcourse.
    I don't know if this is directed to me, but what's wrong with MSFN?
    How do you figure i am not beeing honest?

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I coudnt find anything else in the OEM folder but the certificate, no unattended file.. maybe attached to edition instead of being a file ?

Ah you noticed me at MSFN as grabben, sweet of you :) lol

7. zcache

zcache MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    #107 zcache, May 9, 2010
    all file complete :) Thank again

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You have taken thinngs the wrong way all i was asking is how does it manage to activate without Autounattend.xml or scripts in $oem$\$$\setup\scripts i have also never seen and OEM SLP that did not come with branding i,e, logos wallpapers e.c.t.

As for MSFN i was not talking to you i was just mentioning that i had noticed and replied to tcntad over on MSFN forum.

9. golk75

golk75 MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010
    Hey no worries, I guess i did take it the wrong way.
    I have no clue as how it auto activates but it does, i have it installed in two different HP laptops and it auto activated on its own.
    I did mod the bios in this laptops with SLIC2.1.
    It is strange as to why it has no branding or logos, the original uploader said that HP's solution was to use the HP Windows 7 upgrade Assistant DVD to Activate and install OEM logos.

But I can't confirm that as I don't have that DVD.

10. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    The Product Key has probably been installed into the wim using dism, and as for the oem branding i don't think HP have ever used there logo's on there operating system disc! i have HP Windows 7 Home Premium DVD and HP Vista Business DVD and they dont have logo's or oem information just the Cert.. I think all oem info and logo's can only be pulled from preinstalled os's and factory recovery dvd's :)

11. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Would you mind making a torrent from your HP home premium??

12. DankoCAD

DankoCAD MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2009
    #112 DankoCAD, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
    Hey Guys,
    where can I get this HP OperatingSystem DVD for 64bits (OperatingSystemDVD[windows_7_professional_64-bit_MUI_571178-DN1]) , the hotfile and rapidshare is down.

thanks in advanced. dankocad

13. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #113 Rosco, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
    HP use their Update Manager to prepare your system for upgrade including flashing your BIOS, migrating your Vista settings etc. So if done that way it migrates a typical HP system from Vista to 7 - that is the rescue partition (or whatever it is called) etc returns your computer to 7 not Vista after the upgrade.

The OS disk I have as part of the upgrade kit doesn't contain any OEM folders but install.wim is 3,178,781 KB instead of 2,137,293 KB but when I removed ei.cfg it only offered to install x86 versions of HomePremium, Professional and Ultimate but the update manager disk includes info about 64 bit software.

Does anybody know why install.wim is about a GB bigger on this disk when the install routine only offers to instal 32 bit versions ? - I assume if you upgrade a 64 bit HP using this upgrade kit it works differently to simply running setup from the disk.

I was hoping this may be a simple solution to an all in one DVD - ie x86 and 64 bit - is their an easy way to make this happen or do I have to go through the process on other threads ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Rosco, the install.win is probably larger just like the dell one because it is multilingual i,e, more language packs added.

15. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Could be but it only includes 3 languages - English and 2 Chinese variants. Kit was made in Singapore for Australia and South East Asian market.

It includes a larger than normal Windows Install Disk - about a GB bigger than 32 bit and a HP Upgrade disk (4.04 GB) which contains BIOS upgrades for 19 HP/Compaq computers - an upgrade program etc and a Directory containing 51 Directories almost all of which contain an x86 and x64 directory with programs, dlls etc with the same name - I assume these are various drivers, support programs etc for various hardware configs in 32 or 64 bit versions.

It was the inclusion of this all in one upgrade disk and the large size of the HP Windows disk that made me think it was a modified allinone Windows disk - ie 32 and 64 bit software.

As my partners computer came with 32 bit HomePremium I didn't get to see if it would install 64 bit software in an upgrade - I clean install 7 later anyway to remove bloat etc. However the upgrade kit was pretty good - it flashed the BIOS, upgraded Vista to 7 completely including the hidden "rescue partition".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Gustoko

Gustoko MDL Novice

May 21, 2010
    x64 Version

Hi all, I am looking to download the x64 version, but the links appear to be down. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

17. Fares

Fares MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    Hi Rosco,

Any chance to get this DVD Please? It will be very helpfull for me to resolve my problem with my laptop
    HP 8710w.

Best Regards,
    Fares