HP Pavilion 9823em Missing Bios Information - Repair with DMIFIT?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sbyrn4, Sep 25, 2012.

1. sbyrn4

sbyrn4 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2012
    Hi, this is my first post so please go easy on me. I have a HP Pavilion 9823em running Vista Home Premuim with a fan that runs at high speed constantly and also refuses to boot after a restart or shut down. After some investigation in the system bios it appears that some of the info is missing: serial number, Model number, UUID AND PCID etc..

This I believe is the fault and although I have updated to the latest HP official bios the problems are still there.

After scouring the forums for a couple of days I think the way to fix it would be to fill in the blanks so to speak. All the info I have found points to DMIFIT or HP DMI TOOLKIT mentioned in this thread:
    Edit Sorry I cant post links yet :(

The problem is I really am not sure what I need to use to find my UUID and PCID as the are not located under the battery or HDD access panels. Even more so, had I managed to find them I'm not 100% sure what I should be changing or exactly how to do it. Some of the links I have found on this forum don't seem to be working for me so that is my final problem.

I am hoping that some kind educated soul can answer me this: From what I have described do you think the bios is my problem for constant high fan speed and unable to reboot after shut down or restart?

Am I going the right way trying to get hold of and use the tools I have mentioned?

Are there any more current links to get hold of the software?

Am I wasting my time and yours? (Sorry if I am) o_O

Any help here would be really appreciated as I think I have gone as far as I can without some guidance.

Thanks in advance for any reply :)

2. sbyrn4

sbyrn4 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2012
    Anyone at all? :confused: