HP Pavillion Axxxx Series (Need help on Vista OEM DVD)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dsfugabanjr, Aug 16, 2008.

1. dsfugabanjr

dsfugabanjr MDL Junior Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Hi All,

I have read several tutorials to come-up with creating an OEM dvd and my goal is to create a Windows Vista Ultimate OEM DVD (Recovery DVD) for HP Pavillion AXXXX (e.g. HP Pavillion A6550D) or SXXXX (e.g. HP Pavillion S3481D) Series because these are only bundled with Windows Vista Basic. Below are the steps that I know how to do it. I'm gonna need your help with this though.

Preparing the ISO
    1. Create a new ISO file using UltraISO.
    2. Add all files and folders from the original OEM DVD bundle (Recovery DVD)
    3. Remove the $OEM$ folder copied from the original disc.
    Download the right OEM
    1. Download Windows Vista Ultimate OEM for HP. Question is... where can I get the contents of the Ultimate OEM for HP that works on these series? Can someone help me get the right one.
    2. Extract the contents and add the files and folders to the ISO being created, specifically inside the SOURCES folder from which the original OEM folder was removed when preparing the ISO.
    Buring the ISO
    1. Copy the BOOT information from the original OEM disc.
    2. Burn the ISO to a dvd.
    If my understanding on these steps are incorrect or if the steps are wrong at all, please direct me to the right path. By the way, the reason why I want to create such dvd is because I am planning to buy one HP desktop from these series and reformat the pc and reinstall an Ultimate edition. If there are things missing, please add and explain. If understand it correctly, I don't need to modify the BIOS since these desktops are already bundled with OEM information inside it (am I right with this assumption?)

Your help are very much appreciated. Many thanks and more power!

2. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
  3. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    #3 dsfugabanjr, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  4. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Ok, additional question. This is regarding SLP (System Locked Pre-installation) key. Is it right if I just copy the whole disc (original oem dvd). But before burning I just need to edit a file called PID.txt and change the value to an Ultimate SLP key (oem cd-key for ultimate)?

5. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    I believe you are correct but I am unsure as I have never made one.

6. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    #6 dsfugabanjr, Aug 16, 2008
    (OP)
  7. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #8 petar, Aug 17, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Hehe, I would love to. There's just one problem, I'm still planning to buy one from HP as I have stated above so it will take a while. I'll give you the OEM once I purchased the desktop. Thanks yo! Means a lot. I'll check the file and review.

10. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
  11. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Anyone? Thanks!

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  13. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Great! I think I need to get myself a copy of this Vista release to manufacturing (RTM) or Vista SP1. I think I prefer the SP1, but where to get this? If you have link, please post. I will try to search it here too.

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #14 urie, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  15. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    @urie

Thank you! One more thing, is 64-bit version of vista better than 32-bit? I know it should but I am using AMD Athlon X2 64, and considering that I am not sure if there are big issues when installing a 64-bit especially acquiring the drivers, I would like to know if this ISO package included 32-bit installation.

16. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
  17. dsfugabanjr

Apr 24, 2008
    Cool! Thanks ma'am! How about my inquiry about being 64-bit better than 32-bit. In what terms? Speed? Stability? Or etc? By the way, I will download ISO soon enough, tomorrow maybe the right time and try to create my own OEM dvd; of course, taking into consideration of downloading the right OEM files. Actually, I have already made one, just need to test it somehow after modding my BIOS though I aint sure it's the right version of Vista installer that I should be using, I can't tell if my copy is RTM or NOT but I am pretty sure it's not SP1.

18. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Thanks for the links

But impossible to download from M$, need a Microsoft ID, windows live account and so on.....
    I'm looking for a french DVD (x86 and x64), I can see it from MSDN with the link you gave but all is grayed out.
    Can you help me in that way ? Account or link.

Thanks to you.:rolleyes:

19. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    The link was posted so that you can check the authenticity of your Vista iso by comparing the SHA1 hash. I don't have an account there. Sorry.