HP Pavillon DV9904ca bios update

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Dritan, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Dritan

Dritan MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2011
    Hello everybody!
    I've a pavillon dv9904ca with WIN XP pro and suddenly it won't start. Just show the windows logo and then a blue screen. It doesn't start even in safe mode. I tried to repair the windows but there is no optical drive in bios or in bios start up. There is a message " no tpm or tpm problem". Please may you help me.

Thanks in advance.
    Best.

2. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Can you attempt to get into your BIOS's settings menu and restore everything there to default. Maybe look around for a TPM option and disable it if it's there.

3. Dritan

Dritan MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks for the reply.The bios seems very "poor" in settings. I've already restored the defaults and there is no tpm option to enable/disable it. Maybe a bios update will fix this tpm error, but I don't know how to do it using DOS, since windows doesn't start. Let's hope that anyone has resolved this and can illuminate us.

4. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    #4 drewbug, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
    Can this computer boot from USB? Or external floppy? Or anything other than the hard drive that currently has this broken Windows installation? If you can, I can help you boot DOS and flash your BIOS to the newest version.

EDIT: And, if it turns out that your BIOS isn't at fault, you can try wiping your drive and installing Windows from a USB stick. Just let me know what you want to do.

5. Dritan

Dritan MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2011
    I have to check these options. I think that is something wrong with bios because it doesn't find dvd-rw in bios or in POST.
    Thanks again drewb95.

6. drewbug

drewbug MDL Member

Aug 15, 2010
    If you think something is wrong with the BIOS, flashing it back to it's original state is probably a good idea. Let me know if you can figure out some alternative method of booting.