HP Probook/Elitebook BIOS Password Reset [Utility]

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Mazzif, Oct 21, 2013.

1. astovl

astovl MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2014
    Hi Mazzif

any idea about my HP Envry 17 2100e?

2. Switcher

Switcher MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2014
    Hi Mazzif,

I was the one that confirmed the 8540p and posted that on the youtube channel, however I saw that the link was removed from the youtube channel.
    The reason I am contacting you, is to inform you that it is an awesome tool, we have some customers that sometimes forget their passwords, we used to have to replace the systemboards, but now we can wreck em.

However we have some new types of laptop's like the 9470m and 8570w and so on, they use the wndmifit instead of the tool that you use now, it works under windows and no longer under DOS.

You probably need that now to get the job done....only I have no knowledge of that stuff, I'm just an Field Service Engineer :)

3. arno

arno MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2014
    :clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:Hello Mazzif, thank you for the great support solved all the BIOS problems with your help great !:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

4. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    I get a lot of questions about the **70 series and unfortunately I have no answers yet. I also don't physically have any to test with, so its slow on that front. But thanks for the feedback. I am currently working on a Win7PE/DOS Dual Bootable USB image with all tools included as a one stop shop for the HPs that I can support. wndmifit would be included in the Win7PE build.

Just tested my Build. Successfully dual boots DOS and Win7PE. Windows based tool successfully imports information gathered during DOS boot. DOS Tools almost working, still fixing directory structure. But this should be a great All-In-One package. I will see about imaging to a SATA HDD and see if I can boot it. If that works, the package will be even more useful for those with locked boot order. Just DL, image to HDD, power off and swap HDD and reboot to clear passwords. (in theory of course).

[Update]
    So I took my IMG file made from my dual boot (DOS/Win7PE) USB drive, and restored it to a 32GB Samsung SSD, and installed the drive in my HP 8530W. It boot right to the HDD as I suspected, and I was able to run all my tools. Definitely good to know.

5. hartklep

hartklep MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2012
    It also works with 6930p
    I have make a update from Ver F.OE to Ver F.20 and remove the Password.

Thanks for all your work.

Regards

6. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    Thank you for the feedback on another confirming another Forced BIOS update. I have myself, just now performed these steps on an HP Elitebook 8530W. Success from f.12 to f.13

7. Lavidaloka

Lavidaloka MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2014
    Where is the new Updated package link?Send to me pls..THX!

8. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    Link stays the same as in my original post.

9. CrisXaviCr7

CrisXaviCr7 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2014
  10. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013

See my original post and review the section: [LOCKED BOOT ORDER]

11. CrisXaviCr7

CrisXaviCr7 MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2014

I am new to the forum where I can find your post and thank you very much;)

12. Switcher

Switcher MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2014
    Mazzif, should you be in need of the new HP tools, I could get them to ya

13. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    Thanks, always nice to have fresh set of tools. post them up to mega.co.nz

14. hpguru

hpguru MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi Mazzif

I can't get this to work with my HP ProBook 6550b. When I boot with the USB, I get "Bad command or filename". I've used "HPBR" the 505KB RAR file. Extracted the RAR file and used the USB Image Tool to restore the HPBR image to my 1GB Flash Drive. When I boot from this flash drive, I get the above error.

Please help at your soonest.

15. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    Please except my apologies, I have made a simple error, when updating my package. Please open your USB drive and rename "HP_BIOS.exe" to HPBR.EXE. Issues is corrected and package corrected. Thank you.

16. hpguru

hpguru MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi Mazzif

Thank you for your prompt response. I tried what you said but sti View attachment 26361 ll getting the same error. My USB contents are shown in the attached image. I've also renamed file but no luck. Please help.

17. dwoodwar

dwoodwar MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi Mazzif

I can confirm that the BIOS upgrade instructions worked succesfully on a HP ProBook 6730b.

I was then able to use the DOS utility to unlock the BIOS admin password.

Excellent tool - I was able to re-enable wireless on a 2nd hand laptop, which would of been a pain otherwise.

Thanks

Dave

18. VANTOM1

VANTOM1 MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2014
    I have a elitebook 8470p bios with password protection

how can I unlock it? can someone help me?