HP Probook/Elitebook BIOS Password Reset [Utility]

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Mazzif, Oct 21, 2013.

1. marveldolce

marveldolce MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2021
    Hello brother please you have any new update for Bios password reset. Send me please you file. I tested for my laptop hp probook 6560b with bios from 2011 and work. I have more 2 same laptop and 1 have bios from 2016 a i need test. Thank you

2. maxius

maxius MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2016
    i have an 8570p with a serial CNU0000000 and UUID F3F281A63AC1E211801D4066B90080FF any chance this can be unlocked

3. Flamberg

Flamberg MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2021
    Hello Mazzif.

I have "HP EliteBook 840 G5" and i wanted to reset bios password.
    Unfortunately, i can boot only through UEFI, so, the x64 is the only way. But your tool is only for x32 as i understand.
    When I boot into the CMD from Windows installation and trying to shotgun, it says to me "wrong Windows version".

But also, judging by the previous pages in the topic, this model is not supported by your program. Right?

4. LeandroMed

LeandroMed MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2021
    I've been trying to figure out a way to unlock the BIOS of my HP probook 640 G2 notebook for over 1 year. Anyone know how to inform some way to do this?
    Thank you so much.

5. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
    It is not. Also, this model uses the WSON chip package and there is no easy way to gain access to the chip pins for a read/write.

6. Mazzif

Mazzif Elitebook Pwner

Oct 18, 2013
  7. EddyMcFred

EddyMcFred MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2017
    Hey Mazzif,

Do you have any Idea why my Laptop wont boot? It was working fine and ran WIn 7. I wanted to update to Win 10 and plugged in my Ventoy USB Stick.
    It booted to the Stick and went directly black after that. Now its not booting anywhere. Screen stays blank when I turn it on and Fans are running on max speed. Warm Air is also comming out.
    After boot I try to go into BIOS by hitting ESC but it stays black. After a few keypresses the Laptop is beeping when I press any Key.
    WIN + B is also not working. The Capsbutton is blinking, then it reboots and stays black again. IDK what to do.. Maybe you have an Idea..

Thanks for your Tool! Saved me another Laptop I was working on :)

8. wimberly1951

wimberly1951 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2021
    I know you have many requests, but I can't find the **70 thread.

Can you send me a link to the thread. I have searched the forum.

Thanks

9. Jorabi

Jorabi MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2012
    Mazzif, I have a Probook 6465b locked to the original leasing company. I ran HPBR and unlocked it, but then I inadvertently hit the Reprogram choice, which wiped out all parameters. The pc would not boot up correctly after that. I re-ran HPBR and reprogrammed all the parameters, but there weren't any questions about TPM. It now boots up and starts Windows, but Windows thinks there is no TPM device. The F10 BIOS settings does not mention TPM or a security device anywhere. I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version using HPQFLASH, no difference. The spec sheet for this model says TPM hardware is included.

Is there a way I can recover the TPM?

10. macrules

macrules MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2014
    can you send me the bin file and instructions? thanks

11. brocker

brocker MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2020
    Hello.

I have a problem, with using this tool.
    My laptop with password can only boot UEFI.

When I try to prepare a hard drive with this utility (freedos or msdos), I get the message : "No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown"

Who knows how to solve it?

12. Khalid sahloui

Khalid sahloui MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2022
    Hello Mazzif.

I have "HP probook 640 G1" and i wanted to reset bios password

13. Rogersij

Rogersij MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2022
    Hello Mazzif,

I have an Elitebook 850 G2. Is it possible to have the BIOS password reset please?
    I do have the Bios file but I don't see how I can attache it to my message.

Regards,

Roger

14. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Jorabi

Jorabi MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2012
    @LostED that is the standard Mazzif utility. @awoli is asking for one that works from inside of Windows (not booting from USB). Is there such a thing?

16. Ron23ny

Ron23ny MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2022
    So like the HP EliteBook 840 G5, the HP Elitebook 735 G5 has the same problem?