HP Tablet PC - Daz's seems to fail...ideas?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheSkaffer, Jun 28, 2010.

1. TheSkaffer

TheSkaffer MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2010
    I am trying out an HP Tablet PC and wanted to see how it runs on W7. Needless to say it runs great.

The not so great thing is however that Daz Loader seems to fail. Maybe I should try something else?

The Tablet PC in question is this:
    HP 2710p
    URL - > http h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3355644&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&lang=en&cc=us&y=0&x=0 ) Hope the link works.

Also a PDF with Specs:
    URL - > http bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01997928/c01997928.pdf

2. TheSkaffer

May 16, 2010
    Do you need more info on this to be able to suggest a solution? What BIOS mod may be relevant for HP?

3. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Is this even possible on a Tablet PC???
    Somehow I got this feeling saying that DAZ Loader will and won't work at all on a Tablet PC.

Maybe and only maybe Chew7 could work because that doesn't concern (Bios Emulation), SLICs and OEM SLP keys etc.

4. TheSkaffer

May 16, 2010
    I will try that. Thanks.

5. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Anemeros the creator of Chew7 and former Chew-WGA is in the final stage of completing 1.0 and with the latest RC7 it's almost ready now.
    Try the latest Chew-WGA 0.9 version in the meantime, if results isn't positive then wait for 1.0, that might work.

But since I don't know anything about Tablet PCs I can't really say what works and not but I'm almost certain DAZ loader won't work (it's a strong feeling)

Good luck and report back if it was successfull!

6. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #7 RCOO, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    Tablet PC's, as any other PC's, have motherboards. And, a tablet, is a pc, therefore needs a bios to load everything. So i really think Loaders or a bios mod will do the trick.
    There is a Bios available to download in the HP website.

What OS did the PC come pre-installed with?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Maybe I confused Tablet PC for an Pocket PC or something else, honestly don't know anything about that stuff since I only use desktops and occasional laptops.
    Anyway if it is like you're saying then DAZ loader should work in theory.

I leave this discussion to the professionals.

8. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    On HP's site it lists Windows 7 as an option for OS - I assume you have Vista. Vista has an SLIC activation mechanism but is version 2.0 - 7 needs version 2.1.

There may be some conflict between memory tables between the genuine SLIC table in the BIOS - if present - and the emulated one the loader is trying to load.

I'd ask Daz for instructions before I'd consider screwing with patched system files which M$ can easily spot - after all they know which system files control licensing and can easily tell patched ones and simply restore them. M$ will always try to break systems with patched system files before they tackle loaders - they say it time and again - pirated systems have been tampered with and may contain harmful code - a loader simply presents a "fake" licence table - no file tampering.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #10 bluealien, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    Ruixituh is right. A tablet pc is just like a laptop but with additional features such as a touch screen and an lcd that rotates and can be folded down facing up.

I used the older 1.7.7r of daz on a fujitsu tablet some time ago and it worked. I did have to delete a hidden partition for it to work though.

The OP is encouraged to choose which ever activation solution he is comfortable with, bios mod, chew, daz, infiniterearm etc...
    what ever works is fine.

*check the hp site: you might not need a loader or patch. I just browsed through it but i think there is a new bios available which may have slic 2.1 dated jan 2010

10. TheSkaffer

May 16, 2010
    The Tablet had a hidden partition with a HP Sys restore for XP (I deleted it since the HDD is only 80GB) and an OEM XP key is available so should I want XP that is a very tiny problem. I will give it another go tinite and post the errors I get from Daz, just in case.

The reason I did not post on the Daz thread is obvious: I do not know what "should" work on this machine.

Bios has been updated to latest available.

11. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
  12. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #13 Daz, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    I would be interested to know which version of the loader was tried with the post being made on the 28th and me releasing 1.8.5 on the 29th. I would expect 1.8.5 to activate the system just fine as 1.8.4 was known to have issues which have now been addressed.

13. TheSkaffer

May 16, 2010
    Thanks Daz for posting.
    I tried v. 1.8.0 which failed.
    Then I went for 1.8.5 which suceeded. :worthy:

Let me also say that I do not really care much about which activation method I use (Loaders, BiosMods, others...) but I tend to keep using the one I first tried (and worked), which happened to be Daz Windows Loader. Why Daz? Well, I am a bit jumpy when it comes to BIOS stuff, I have not read up much about the available methods, but if they do involve the BIOS, as suggested by their names, I will most certainly, right or wrong, try to avoid them.

I did a small test: went to M$ Downloads and downloaded PhotoStory. In order to download that, you have to pass a WGA check via ActiveX. I have no idea of the validity of this small test of mine, but it passed. I have Genuine Microsoft Software. ;)

I hope this small report to be of some use to someone else. Hang in there guys!

14. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

As you said it doesn't matter which method you choose as long as it works.
    Glad it worked out for you!