HP/Toshiba/Sony/Dell Wallpapers/OEM Info (W7 Home Premium)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sabresite, Oct 16, 2009.

1. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    you talking about wallpapers? acer and one gateway have custom wallpaper, however gateway with starter just uses default one. With "loads of oem stuff" i was talking more about what everything acer oem instalation does after install. Its actualy interesting (some would say bloated :D) and thats how i imagine oem instalation, not other companys where oem instalation installs 2 wallpapers, cert and oem key and leave you with that...

2. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #122 Johny23, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #123 Brainsuck, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    Desktop machines what models will have Seven on them like to have a bios dump of a dx4300-03

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Klownicle

Klownicle MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I don't know the codes skippa.. :x

What is the usefulness of all this oem stuff your posting? Wallpapers oobe etc etc? Just curious. I understand the use of the keys and all but what about this other stuff?

5. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Personally I use the OEM information for a universal windows disc with full OEM branding.

Regarding Acer - That one was a bitch. The themes folder was protected, and after I got to it, NOTHING was in there. Then it deleted the slic dumper via McAfee (POSSIBLY a generic trojan), THEN it dismounted my flash drive. As soon as I overrode that, the b3s7 buy software rebooted the whole machine and I had to start over.

For Destkops I have:
    4 Models of HP including 1 slimline
    3 Models of Emachine
    1 Model of Acer (I didn't find it, so it may not be out yet)
    2 Models of Gateway
    3 Models of Dell
    2 Models of Asus, one slimline, and the massive quad core gaming machine
    And of course, you guessed it WE DON'T HAVE THE ALIENWARE. So please check your local store for the Alienware, and if they have it on display, then use RipOEM and Slic Dumper. You can do it WITH the kiosk software running. :)

Note: Acers ARE the most bloated peice of s**t laptops on Earth.

6. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Emachines..

Cool raconting... I can feel the tension.. :p

Please make sure you put your hands on the EMachines.. most probably.. a new slp lies in there.. waiting to be discovered.. :rolleyes:

Sincerely..:cool:

7. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    funny comment on the Acer. Sure they are all bloated to some extent ;)
    any chance there is a XPS Studio 435 among the desktops?
    thank you for all you are doing!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. djesteban

djesteban MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    I think you missed the certificate for Dell also in that package... let me know if I am right

9. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    dell is using old cert.

10. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    I grabbed the OEM files from a Toshiba this afternoon, the files are alittle different to those posted by Sabresite.

Is it worth uploading them ?

11. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Sabersite, be careful, I don't want to be watching CNN just to see some best buy cctv security footage of you with nothing but a trenchcoat and a thumb drive.

Don't worry, if you disappear I will start a paypal donation account for bail money.

12. noyod

noyod MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Yes, please; for comparison/confirmation with the other one.

13. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    FYI I was in my G33k uniform while at work, and no... everyone loves me there. I also removed the registry file that had the company information in it ;)

Regarding the Dell XPS desktop, not at the store closest to me. There are other stores which will carry them, so please check your closest stores (there are 12 in my area, and one MIGHT carry it but I don't have time to go to that area).

Also, yes please upload the Toshiba information. If its a different model series, then it could have different information. There is the A, M, U, E, P, and I series that I know about.

14. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    @Sabresite
    Do you have a OEM package available pulled from a Acer Desktop?
    I tried using the available package pulled from a notebook but the wallpapers and stuff seems to be explicitly for aspire notebooks.

15. dokapp2111

dokapp2111 MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #135 dokapp2111, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    Ya primarily for the Acer Predator would be nice ;D (if there is such one)

16. minux

minux MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    #136 minux, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hi there,

@Sabresite

Firstly, many thanks for all the stuff You provided here... That's very kind from You ! :)

Just a little thing :

Within the Sony folders (VGN-FW560F, VGN-NW240F-P, VGN-SR520G and VPCCW17FX), the four "OEMInformation.reg" files add the same following line to the registry :
    Code:
    "Logo"="C:\\Windows\\System32\\system_control_panel.bmp"
    But the "system_control_panel.bmp" file (VAI0 Logo) is missing in all "system32" folders so, please can You rip and add it to your archive if it's possible ? :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the leak !

Ciao,
    minux

17. Ruley

Ruley MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Is there any chance of uploading them seperatly?

18. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Humm... ok, so how to use this incredible stuff?

1st of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH Sabresite! +Rep added ;)

Now the n00bish question... how do I use this awesome stuff?
    I got a Acer 5520-5201 and I want to know how do I apply/use the stuff for my acer?
    Thank you in advance!

19. rocky4you

rocky4you MDL Novice

May 23, 2007

20. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    how do you install these? I tried in vmware but they seemed to not change anything