Hp Windows 7 OEM hidden setup software.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 9741da, Jun 11, 2014.

1. 9741da

9741da MDL Novice

May 30, 2014
    Hi, guys. Has anyone faced the problem of finding setup files for software usually comes preinstalled on HP recovery image.
    Usually all the drivers and software are stored in swsetup folder on drive c. You can copy and this folder and install clean copy of Win7 with softare and drivers you want. The weird thing is I can not see some important software like Adobe photoshop Elements and Norton Security in this folder. In my older hp dv7 and dv3 laptop I can find setup files inside this folder, but not for the newer Envy line. Anyone have any ideas where setup files hidden?

2. locob

locob MDL Member

Jun 2, 2010
    In my experience trying to use these "setup" files separately by themselves and not as part of an automated OEM system restore does not work. They have always resulted in error messages that way when I tried them.

3. 9741da

9741da MDL Novice

May 30, 2014
    Most of setup files on my system work with no problem. You can see what is what in cva description file. But as I stated I can not find setup files in SWSETUP folder for specific programs like Norton and Adobe. But these get installed from somewhere else. The question is where from?