http://slicbios.wikidot.com/ closed down

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by amdworldx, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Have to say it was an good concept to consolidate all the mods in one area. But i do see the point of the people who have taken there time to help others here. Nobody wants to see there hard work ripped off or worse yet sold for profit. Also someone stated the Common user will more then likely use a lo*der.

It's just the same when you release a source for a program someone decides to rip it and slap there name on it like they did it. I do agree with the Mods here for wanting it shut down (for the time being) and with the reason for wanting it down. No need to bring unwanted attention.

Busykid503 and others have done a wonderful job doing mods for others here @ MDL. I am going to try and learn to mod myself to give back to the community.

Hopefully something can eventually get worked out. But i don't seen anything happening in the next 60 days. Give it time let this stuff blow over and maybe the mods can have a new complete section for already tested mods here @ MDL so there is more control over the mods so the people who have done the modding do not feel like there getting there work ripped off or sold.

That's my 2 cents :D

2. Diverge

Diverge MDL Junior Member

Jul 23, 2009
    #42 Diverge, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    I think the wiki made things so much more efficient. Like 1,000,000 times more then using a forum.

The mod request threads are almost a joke, since most people just want stuff without reading, so there will be multiple requests for the same thing.

Edit: and if it has anything to do with ripping peoples work off, which I highly doubt. The same could be accomplished by anyone that comes here. Most files here are hosted by 3rd party file host.

3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I forwarded that to the team....thank you for your offer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl MDL Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Let me know if anyone wants access to the wiki for transferring the entries to a new location. Its is down but I can manually add people with a wikidot account to allow them to read it.
    Of course the backup is essentially the same thing minues browser navigation.

5. henrique araujo

henrique araujo MDL Junior Member

Feb 19, 2008
    I wanted to help people here changing bios, because I have much time for that, I tried to change my and a friend, but do not activate the win.
    I think the topic would be good fixed for certain files and tips with the correct way to modify!
    User well as I do the mods and avoid as much traffic!
    sorry it use the google translator.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    The problem is everyone want to mod the bios with little knowledge or exposure to the operation. There is little reason to research bios modules, table layouts, checksums, table calls, etc. The tools are there and they are easy. But who troubleshoots the problems??

There is great risk to the computers of people who come here, we do not want broken boards, but without proper mods, it will happen. The information is in the stickies, in the vista section. The mods are the same, the slics are different.

It has taken a good many intelligent people a couple years of research, trial and error, and good theory to get to this point, but no one seems to realise this. Use the tools for yourself, help after you are comfortable with the bios structures, and can determine which method may suit best. Tips, for the most part, do not cut it. You have to have a working knowledge of the process. I have monitored the phoenix attempts in the other forum and witnessed a few bad attempts, and some outright misinformation. BE CAREFUL!!

Zort will not be keeping the thread by himself, there are many here to help him, and the structure of that thread served well in the Vista forum. You have to use it though, and too many find it too easy to just pop in and post a request without looking first.

The tools are there, use them. But do not just spread them through torrents, wikis (no offense), and other mass distribution. These are not our tools, they are Andyp's tools and he was gracious enough to apply the hard work of many to them; through what I can only imagine was a bit of hard work for himself.

Enough of the arguing, and on to the experimenting and learning about the bios stuff. I can imagine the WGA test is all but just beginning for you all..:D:D

7. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Loaders are by far the best way to activate Vista/7 for newbies. If you know how to mod the BIOS, then it's fine if you do a hardmod. But learning to mod a bios from scratch just for the sake of activation is not worth the time and effort. VistaLoader worked fine on Vista RTM, SP1 and SP2. 7Loaders will work just as well. No WGA update is ever gonna disable the loaders.

8. amdworldx

amdworldx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

well you could say i am an opportunist...

9. amdworldx

amdworldx MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    #51 amdworldx, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  10. bseos

bseos MDL Member

Dec 5, 2007
    does anyone have a mirror to the backup of the wiki? Seems the download link is inaccessible to me :(

11. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    There is no need to go to an external website. Anyone with half a brain will find that the forum search function works beautifully.

12. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    The guy asked a question. I answered it.
    The wiki was created by a member of this forum before Zort created his 'Modded Bios List'.

13. bseos

bseos MDL Member

Dec 5, 2007
    #56 bseos, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
    Is that so genius? Well my successfully modded bios's arnt upped or in the current relevant thread, so i thought id do this "community" the pleasure of reupping my bios mods which were added to the closed down wiki to what is now the official thread for confirmed working bios mods.

Yeh thanks for that mate, links are working, truly appreciated