Huawei and Trump Ban

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by frogs2b, Aug 20, 2019.

1. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
  2. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
  3. frogs2b

frogs2b MDL Junior Member

Nov 25, 2015

I have been to Surigao but not Dumaguete. My neighbors are from Dumaguete but like it here more. I like it here because it is VERY small. 2 banks 2 ATM's. When i first got here i had to travel out of town to use an ATM to get my money.

4. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    If you are going to worry about something not worth worrying about you gotta replace it with something equally not worth worrying about :biggrin:

:g: or "are we eating too much garlic as a people?"

5. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
  6. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    @frogs2b You're anywhere near where the earthquakes happened ? If so, hope you're safe ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. frogs2b

Nov 25, 2015

It was centered near Davao on the other side of the Island. Only a little shaking for us. Thanks for asking.

8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    IMHO, there's no such thing as a totally unbiased source of news.

Governments and corporations are constantly pressuring news services to "bend the story" so that
    certain parties come out in a favorable light.

Granted there are times when withholding information from the masses can serve a greater good
    (e.g. A criminal investigation, where info released to the public can damage a case or allow a criminal to avoid arrest.)

Where Wikipedia is concerned, it's a double-edged sword, because pretty much anyone can edit or "correct" the information there.

We live in a society where pretty much everyone has an agenda of some sort.
    Granted, some are benign. Some, not so much.

That's why it's critically important to check as many sources as possible, and try to formulate a sensible picture of the events.

Within reasonable limits. Otherwise, you can fall into the trap of the conspiracy theorist. ;)

FWIW...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Agreed. However, I checked the Wikipedia info about The Guardian before I sent that link. It seems to be proper. Using more sources for the next time :)

Well, saying that "The Guardian, a mainstream NATO newspaper, has a political agenda which which makes it publish selectively" is pure sh*t.

10. frogs2b

Nov 25, 2015
    China is spying on you if you have a Chinese phone. The USA is spying on you no matter what phone you have. (NSA,CIA FBI etc,etc) All countries are spying.

11. frogs2b

Nov 25, 2015
    I am from the USA. Now retired and living in the Philippines. I will criticize politics in the USA but I do not get involved in other countries politics while I am here. This is a surefire way to get deported. I keep to myself and do not make waves.