I can't pin a folder to the taskbar...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tuvi123, Jan 12, 2010.

1. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Save yourself the time and hassle and do a Windows repair install (if system restore does not work).

2. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Sorry it was a typo, it is actually HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile, it is a L not a I. Just add a new string IsShortcut and restart your computer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Since you dont have the entry at all i am willing to bet that this is your very problem. Because the missing IsShortcut parameter is exactly what breaks the pinning feature.

So before you do anything else you have to restore that entry. I attached you the structure in case you dont have any other means to fix it, just import it and see if it works. If it still doesnt work after that then there is probably more missing, and then its getting complicated. Because the lnkfile entry also points to a class ID and different handlers, and if they have to be restored too then...well...you know what i mean. It would be a big mess, so lets just hope it wont be necessary...

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Phazor
    I have the entry (I was thinking it is inkfile and not linkfilke)
    anyway I imported youyr registry file, but I get an error:
    "Cannot import C:\LNKFILE.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes."
    Mr Jinje
    yeah I disabled the System Restore.

any other suggestions?

5. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
  6. Sebastiii

Sebastiii MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    BIG very BIG Thank you :)

Hi, i have the same issue and thanks, because for me too, it's drive me crasy.
    It happen 3 days ago and i don't know why !
    And i have tested with a new user and i didn't have this issue but when i come on my user (NO pin to windows explorer possible)

You solve it :) thx for feedback :)

Sebastiii.

7. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    I glad I could help..

btw- this is really a bug in WIndows 7, some users report it to microsoft and it will probably be fixed in SP1 or update.