I flashed BIOS by "Dell - Phoenix Manual Mod" to my DELL 1535, and it's game over....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by marsrogers, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ennio

ennio Guest

I told you so. 1535 model has a flaw. I suggest to avoid mod for this model, or to prepare for certain BIOS recovery.

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    I've argued more than once that the 1535 was defective by design, finally after enough bios and driver updates, and finding an undocumented fix for the media buttons, it has become more stable. I can't stand the touchpad but everything else is working fine now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ennio

ennio Guest

Probably, Dell was "cutting corners" with this model. If the motherboard and BIOS chip are functional, there should be no problems if you flash your BIOS hundred of times.

4. ailef

ailef MDL Senior Member

Nov 30, 2007
    i agree about the touchpad, i thought it would be like my xpsM1330 but it's really really bad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. marsrogers

marsrogers MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    Don't feel sorry for that, it's O.K, I will call for the repair~~
    for the 1535 version that had hung up my computer, yes, it didn't work when I just double click it, it just rebooted and happened nothing...
    And when I runned it as administrator, it rebooted and seemed to be normal, but suddenly it went black and from then on, it can't be lighted up again...

But don't worry for that, DELL got nice services~and I have another PC for work, so don't care too much around this~~~
    ^_^

6. jim.pwo

jim.pwo MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    Request re-up of dos package

Hello,

I have a studio 1535 that I would like to experiment with the dos package flasher. You kindly offered to re-up the dos package earlier in this thread and I would like to take you up on that offer.

J

7. ennio

ennio Guest

Joke of the year. They have anything but "good service'.

8. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    I sent you a pm

9. 50chickens

50chickens MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2009
    are these two files verified by anyone before i flash my laptop with them. or are they the same one as the OP had problems with.

Studio 1535 ver. A06
    ht tp://w w.sendspace.com/file/4luesw mod by Shakeyplace repacked Dell flasher tested by jim.pwo
    ht tp://w w.sendspace.com/file/045d6d mod by Shakeyplace same Dos pack originally tested by myrrh

10. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    I do believe that was unfortunately one of the bad experirnces with the Dell DCCU software. It works fine for many models but unfortunately it did brick a couple models. Those two downloads you refer to have been tested and confirmed working by the members mentioned. I think you should be able to search and find the post by jim.pwo, I am not sure if myrhh actually posted his positive results, we were sending messages back and forth by pm, neither one of those are DCCU version flashers, as labeled, the first is a rebuilt Dell flasher and the second is packaged for Dos, use whichever you prefer and please, post which one you use as well so others wil know...
    Shakey

11. devitouch

devitouch MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    i hate it when people hit and run and dont come back to help others...

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Not surprising considering this thread is almost two years old.