I found MAK keys for server 2008

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by shay_g, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Sergej

Sergej MDL Novice

May 9, 2008
    #21 Sergej, Jul 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
    Yeah, reginakampher's opinion is absolutely right.
    The MAK system's got NO relation with SLIC.
    They are, say, different "distributions" of OS.
    This means if you've got activated your os via MAK you've not got to get it installed with SLIC and v.v.

2. pajdek

pajdek MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2007
    Cant activate anymore

When i tried to activate with each key i got a message box that the license is used up or somethnik similar.

As Yen said: "If the use of volume-licensed media is not controlled, excessive activations result in a depletion of the activation limit"

So these keys has reached its activation limit.

3. pajdek

pajdek MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2007
    #24 pajdek, Jul 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
    Could you post link on kez website where the info was written coz i cant find tokens.dat inside iso image so cant replace it

4. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
  5. pajdek

pajdek MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2007
    Just installed on vmware, dont work :(

6. The.Watcher

The.Watcher MDL Junior Member

Apr 7, 2008
    #27 The.Watcher, Jul 11, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
    That's what I thought, I understood KMS activation requiring a server. But upon reading the whole "asus certificate" comment in the 1st post kind of threw me off..

7. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2007
    Ok, i will try to explain some differences between MAK and KMS (hope in easy words).

Every time you deploy a new Vista machine with MAK, you have to take care of its activation afterwards. You can deploy the MAK with the Vista image, but you’ll always need an extra step for activating your Vista machines. KMS is easier to handle here. Once your KMS infrastructure stands, you don’t have to think about activation during the deployment process.

Every MAK allows only a limited number of activations. This number is dependent on the number of licenses you purchased. If you increase the number of Vista clients, you have to increase your possible MAK activations, too. But this is not the only problem. It is quite probable that you will need more MAK activations than the licenses at hand. For instance, if you have to reinstall a machine, you have to activate it again which decreases the number of times you can use this MAK.

The same applies to test installations. If you used up all your possible activations, you’ll have to contact Microsoft again. It will, then, depend on their goodwill if they allow you activations that are more than the number of purchased licenses. With KMS, you won’t have this problem since the KMS host can activate an infinite number of Vista clients.

Conclusion i see is (after pajdek wrote that it wont work anymore), MAK activation is not a usable way in this case. For KMS installation i refer to my previous post.

greetz from Shadowchaser

8. angelofdeath

angelofdeath MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2008
    sorry i rechecked the burned iso .. the install.wim had different token.dat .. i have build another iso agian .. checked it .. and now trying in again on my virtual pc .. will post the results !

9. pajdek

pajdek MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2007
    yup the tokens.dat cheat wont work unless u have the same hardware

10. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Thats why it will work on a Virtual PC install as it always is ssen as the same hardware :)

11. t3nk3n

t3nk3n MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2007
    The token file most likely looks at the motherboard and chipset.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
  13. willko

willko MDL Member

May 14, 2008
    How can I find out the current value of Activation Hardware Tolerance variable?

Guessing, but I think I've got 1 point left :eek:

TIA!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. t3nk3n

t3nk3n MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2007
    As long as you match the same motherboard and chipset, should workaround the MAK key activation hardware tolerance.

15. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
  16. cpcw2008

cpcw2008 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2009
    why hide key?