i have problem with a dll

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by chompi, May 29, 2012.

1. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    few days ago i download a software from ioffer, click the link and download to my documents. but when i try to install in my computer its say that ''dwmapi.dll is not here. they can;t find the module. i look in google about that dll, but i do not understand nothing. A company jump to offer installation of all missing dll's and clear the register for 29.00 dollars. what do you think. how i can solve this problem. thanks in advance.

2. hanor

hanor MDL Novice

May 8, 2012
    #2 hanor, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    Is the dwmapi.dll present in the downloaded file? If so, you might have to redirect al the files to its own folder (i.e. c:\ioffer) and try setup from there, If that does not work, check the .ini file to see were setup is directed to and adjust it.
    You can also check your c:windows\system32 map. It might be there already from other programs. Copy it to c:\ioffer map and try run setup again.

3. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    dwmapi.dll is a Window Manager API by Microsoft. Don't download anything from unreliable sources. Open an elevated command prompt (right click -> Run as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW . The process may continue after reboot and may ask you for your Windows Installation Disk to restore corrupt files with the original files. Hope this will help. *NOTICE* Don't waist your hard earned money.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...