I Have Tried Everything

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CTA, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    First off Daz loader does not work on UEFI at all and will never work.

Second you say this is a new computer but all the info I find on it leads me to an older computer. Could be I am not searching right.

Anyways I had a similar problem when I bought My Acer computer with Win8.1 on it. On Acers web site they had a BIOS update with CSM support. There was no option in my BIOS to actually turn on or off Legacy. But with the BIOS update with CSM I was able to to do it by turning on the CSM. The CSM automatically turned on legacy. Then I had to search for Secure Boot in the BIOS and turn that off. After I did this I used KillDisc and wiped the whole disk then Installed Win7 and everything worked just fine. I am now on MBR using Daz loader.

Now I don't know if this is at all in your BIOS but you could have a look and see. If you have CSM, enable it and then disable Secure Boot.

2. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    I have had this computer for two years with the same problem all the time. My problem is actually that I can't activate my Windows 7 anymore with old lovely way as I always did before, namely with Windows DAZ loader. I have UEFI yes. I have only found the Secure boot option so far, not the legacy mode or CSM. But hey wait, do you think if I download a pre activated version of Ultimate and install it on UEFI GPT will work? Or how will that go?

I have actually three options from now, or even a fourth with the one you said.

The first option can be to mod my BIOS with WindSlic. And the second is to boot from legacy mode on my UEFI GPT. And the third is to download Ent or Pro and just use MTK/KMS to activate it. And the fourth is the one you came up with. I have to see if I can enable CSM and disable secure boot and then turn legacy mode on, right? I want to try the easiest ways before I mod my BIOS. I don't want to f**k things up since I usually do so when I am touching the Boot menu or BIOS system. That is why I am asking so much.

I want as many options on the table before I go further on.

Btw, you used killdisk to wipe out all of your content from your harddrive? Why did you not just use the elevated command prompt witht the DISKPART command?

However I will search if my BIOS have such a mod. My motherboard is MSI Z97-S02.

3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Careful with this "assumption" of yours. Windslic won't mod your BIOS/UEFI whatsoever. Take a look again at the thread as it doesn't have to do about modding the chip firmware.

4. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #24 LiteOS, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    have u tried while bios loading get to bootmenu with f12
    and choose non-efi boot from installation disc ?

get enterprise 7 vol and active it with kmspico

also u can try disable efi from bios

5. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Given Your Skill Level, No offense We all started off at the same place, I'd advise the only option would be for You to go with the KMS activation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Sure. I meant what you mentioned.

View attachment 39639 View attachment 39641 View attachment 39642 I do not find anything regarding CSM or non-EFI boot. I don't even find where to disable EFI, since it does not mention it anywhere on my BIOS. Look the attachments I added.

Yeah, well these things are not directly my area. I will take your advise as a goal if the thigns I will do before do not work for me. I also want to learn.

7. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Here are some attachments. As I said, the mode is set to Legacy and UEFI. But I do not have CMS or can not find non-EFI. Or don't know how to turn it off. Secure boot is also disabled.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      85.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      480.7 KB
      Views:
  8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #28 LatinMcG, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    BOOT MODE SELECT: uefi+ legacy
    i bet theres legacy in newer bios.. my sons msi i updated his bios and looked very similar to yours.. had to use the boot key for menu to boot usb and i also flashed bios in the bios util.

9. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    If you want legacy, change the boot order & set the 1-Hard Disk, 2-CD/DVD, etc and re-install.
    If you place your install DVD in your optical drive & power on, press F11 for the boot menu. It will list devices twice, 1 for legacy & 1 for uefi boot. Select the optical drive as legacy.

I don't know why you just don't get a modded bios with slic & just run the loader & be done with all this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    did u tried option 10 ?

11. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #31 Bat.1, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    I just took a quick look at Bat.2's Rig with a MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 MOBO. I don't remember (Damn Old Timers) ever changing anything in the BIOS from the stock settings You have in the Pics to change the installations from MBR to GPT. But I also never tried installing Win-7 in UEFI, only MBR to get the free Win-10 upgrade. Daily Driver on it is UEFI KMS activated Win 8.1 Pro. Just "Burned" the ISO to USB using the correct settings with Rufus, plugged the flash drive into a USB2 port on the MOBO, and installed onto the disc I'd already initialized in a Dock on My desktop.

12. CTA

CTA MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2016
    Alright. I will go on with this. This Thread can be closed/locked.