I need a normal copy of a bios for an ASUS M4A785D-M PRO

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kittendoggie, Jul 8, 2014.

1. kittendoggie

kittendoggie MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2012
    Dear friends,

to cut the long story short; I flashed the bios of my M4A785D-M PRO mobo (the actual physical chip) externally using my SPI flash programmer with a bios file from ASUS's website. Although everything is working great, the realtek ethernet adapter shows in device manager as yellow exclamation mark and 'error code 10' device cannot start. This is a very common problem and it has happened to me quite a few times with other mobos when I flashed chips with my SPI flash programmer. The only remedy was to find another working motherboard of the same model, copy its BIOS and then flash that specific BIOS into the original BIOS chip (the problematic one). I am sure this has to do with MAC and UUID not being copied properly or wiped out from the BIOS when the chip is flashed externally, i.e. outside the motherboard, with an SPI flash programmer. For some reason the above mentioned procedure works.

Therefore, I am kindly ask anyone who has got an Asus M4A785D-M PRO motherboard if he/she could make me a copy of their BIOS and send it to my email! I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance!