I Need Help With A Bad Flash

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by woodenduck, Nov 23, 2010.

1. woodenduck

woodenduck MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    I flashed my BIOS last night and now I've got a doorstop. I was hoping that someone could help me find a way to fix this issue. I have a hp s3321p. With a Asus M2N61-AR Motherboard. I noticed there is a "Rom Recovery" section labeled on my board. It is shaped like |.:: The line being two pins with a jumper. I've tried removing the pin and plugging in a usb drive to re-flash the system but my drive's light doesn't light which leads me to believe it's not being accessed. At power on I get hard drive and Cd-Rom Spinup. I'm looking for some newbie help with re-flashing the bios so I can have a working computer again. Thanks.

2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. woodenduck

woodenduck MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2010
    Didn't seem to help

Hey I tried using the methods described on the board for my bios type. No fix as of yet. Any other options? Could someone maybe lead me through this with very detailed instructions. Maybe I'm going about this wrong. My board does not have the ability to have a floppy drive so I'm using USB as described in the instructions. I'm using a PS/2 Keyboard. I'm not sure if there is any other useful information I can provide.