I present you a tool to decompress Dell UEFI BIOS

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by JimboBobB, May 4, 2013.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  2. Foosking

Foosking MDL Novice

May 6, 2014
    I have been trying for 6 hours to find a way to extract my Dell N5050 A05.exe NonUEFI AMI bios in Win 7.
    AMIUCP did the trick.:yeahyeah:

3. qballdc

qballdc MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2014
    Thank you very much.

4. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Thanks,this is much appreciated! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

5. qballdc

qballdc MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2014
    Maybe I incorrectly stated the issue. I can extract both the rom and hdr file using:

3520a10.exe /writeromfile
    3520a10.exe /writehdrfile

with the results being:
    3520a10.rom and 3520a10.hdr

using the phoenix tool I obtain the proper name for the rom ( M*****.rom ), but am not able to get the proper name for the hdr file. Never having used amiucp I not clear if it provides the proper name for the hdr file once the extraction is complete. Also I haven't been able to find a good read on hdr vs. rom file so I can get a better handle on the whole matter. As an engineer maybe I'm being to analytic. This is my first attempt to look at bios recovery from a failed flash.

In a nutshell:
    Laptop was password protected at system bios level and hd protected. It was left given to a client when grandmother passed. I shorted bios chip and system level password gone. Tried to use a combination of bios switches when flashing in an attempt to remove password ( before giving up and telling client to get new hd ) and the system never recovered and now I'm left with blank screen. I've tried every tool I could think of and now realize that I have been using the laptop keyboard as apposed to an external keyboard, maybe that will give some different results.

I appreciate any input. The matter has become very personal :cool: and driving me nuts.

6. qballdc

qballdc MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2014
    Oh, I'm familiar with scripts, from the school of c, fortran, ... bash, korn, Oh My God, not batch files... we would always comment clearly to remove guess work. I guess I'll get it myself. Haven't had to visit these parts, but I will figure out an algorithm that doesn't include guessing. We're aiding one another or people pretending. No, I've never used Python, but can't be that hard, ..., I guess. Proper testing of what ?? Shhh .....:mad:

7. hatdz

hatdz MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2015
    Sorry to wake up a dead thread, but can you please provide an updated link to the file (AMIUCP) as I have been looking for ages on the internet and have found nothing.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  9. FredWst

FredWst MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2013
    #49 FredWst, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    Hello,

It works for Dell 7010 bios, i'm able now to patch what i want with CodeRush UEFITools.
    I've been able to recompress modded bios. (python compress)
    Now i wonder how to put in exe file.

Maybe just replace compress file in exe and take care to change size of file in header. 16 byte before #The 0x789C at the end is the zlib header. and change the end of compress which look like first 16 byte

But is this enough ?

Fred

10. cable0

cable0 MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2016
    what a find! not to start the hacking

11. Mondher

Mondher MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2017
    good job

tested it on dell e5530 bios and work fine thanks bro :)

12. NathanDrake

NathanDrake MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2017
    Very helpful, save so much time... I wish I could buy u a beer man.

13. florencedagongdong

florencedagongdong MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2017
    Hi Guys, I followed this thread but I think we all are stuck at what the file name should be for the HDR file. I also have the same problem for my E6410 laptop. Did anyone successfully revived their bricked motherboard?

14. ShellyCooper

ShellyCooper MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2015
    Hello, I have the .hdr file but as a flash on bios chip?, I have the ch341a programmer, thanks.

P.D sorry for my bad english, i use google traslator.

15. egyeprom

egyeprom MDL Novice

Apr 22, 2014
    Macallan140.rom
    Macallan140.HDR
    I think for e6420

16. imranromi

imranromi MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2017
    THANK YOU I TRY WORK DELL LATITUDE EXE FILE EXTRACT HDR.

17. James Prendergast

James Prendergast MDL Novice

May 21, 2018
    How do I download this tool to decrypt my Dell UEFI BIOS.... from what I can tell I need Decrypt.exe?

18. aditya11tt

aditya11tt MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2016
    hello
    everyone here
    i think we can easily get .HDR file from exe file download from the dell website
    using phonix266 tool easily and of which u can make your main bios !!
    4mb or 8mb depending on the model!!

19. A2issa

A2issa MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2018
    Hi all,

I have dell E6420 and E6420A25.hdr using the method from this threat but when I hold end key it doesn't do anything.

Please help.

Ali