idea for another way to flash bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by philismyname, Sep 20, 2014.

1. philismyname

philismyname MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2014
    hello, im new to bios stuff but from what iv read over the past few days seems that alot of bios updates go wrong and it seems due to the hard drive had been reformated in the past and this removed the UEFI partition that was there so you could do a usb or what ever other type of flash, but without that there then a lot are stuck, so wouldnt it be a good idea to have that UEFI partition image and instructions on the forum of where to put it on your hard drive, as you cant press the windows key + B button on my hp pavilion dm4-1300ea for instance so i cant flash mine as usb is not detected at all and i cant find a cd dvd version for my laptop as i hear its reading that and the hard drive, so if we could take the hard drive out pop it in a pc put the data we need in the right place pop it back in and then be able to do a update or flash, what do you bios guys think would this help people.

2. pincushionman

pincushionman MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2010
    Whoa, slow down. Take a deep breath. If you want help, let's answer some basic questions:

Is your laptop bricked? If so, what caused it?

If the cause was a BIOS update, what version were you on and what version were you headed to?

Which of the recovery methods have you tried? WinCrisis & bios.wph or HP Insyde BIOS (HP_TOOLS USB + board_id.bin), IIRC board_id sometimes has a leading 0.

Have you tried Fn+B? Fn+Esc? Win+Esc?

If you don't put any media in it, does it beep? Have you tried it with everything out? -- Except RAM, it needs that. However, I have seen a Non-posting Dell come back from the non-posting dead when one of the RAM sticks was removed. So try them individually in another unit, if possible.

Best of luck to you.