IE10 Printing in Metro

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by devans123, Jun 21, 2013.

1. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    I can not find an option for printing 'Current Page' when in IE10 Metro mode, i.e. if you have multiple pages on the web page you are viewing you have to print all of them.

I know you can switch to Desktop Mode and do it from there, but is there an option I've missed in metro mode ?

2. Dexter(-_-)

Dexter(-_-) MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    i guess you can go to charms bar then select devices and then select your printer and from there you can print the current page i guess...
    If not switch to desktop option is the only way you can :p

3. ljimbo

ljimbo MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    ^^^ Charms > Devices

thats how my wife does it.. i personally just use desktop mode.. but ive got the wife used to using the Modern UI

4. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    There is no option under 'Charms/Devices to print current page when viewing a multiple page Web Page.
    That was the reason for my query. If I only want to print 1 page out of 16 my only option is to switch to Desktop Mode.
    Now that is OK for me, but this query originated from a customer who wants to operate only in Metro mode, I was hoping someone may have seen an option I missed.
    A Google search for clues has so far been fruitless.

5. ljimbo

ljimbo MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    #5 ljimbo, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
    Hmm yep it appears that is the case.. 8(... but there is a way ;)

Charms > Devices > Print the web page to the document writer..
    Open the new document in the Twin UI app (just click the popup toast in the top right hand corner)
    Chars > Devices > Print - Printer
    The options now has a selection for which pages and such... round about way to do it.. but it can be done in all Modern UI this way.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Have you try: Ctrl + P? If not, just try that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ljimbo

ljimbo MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    @Pisthai , Ctrl-P is the same as Charms->Devices>Print.. doesnt give an option for selecting pages.. only way i found to do it is the above method of printing to the document writer then printing from the Twinui PDF Modern UI app

8. devans123

devans123 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2009
    Thankyou, that is a workaround, I hope 8.1 has a more elegant solution.

9. ljimbo

ljimbo MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    No problemo glad i could help... but yeah it seems silly there isnt an option to select pages to print from within the Modern UI IE10.