If God is Omniscient then Human is not free.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Apr 9, 2013.

?

Free will doesn't exist If God is omniscient.

1. If yes, why?

35 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. If no, then how?

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    [​IMG]

:D :D :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pVTmADNAGE

pVTmADNAGE MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2019
    Jesus saves you from an eternity spent in Hell, the awful consequence of sin. It is a FREE gift which you receive by believing in and trusting in the FINISHED WORK and the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ at the cross at Calvary for your sins!

Romans 10:9-10 (KJV)
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

John 3:16 (KJV)
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:13 (KJV)
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

John 3:5 (KJV)
    Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 6:23 (KJV)
    For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Are You Saved?
    If you do not know for sure that you are saved, please settle this issue permanently.
    Satan does not want you to accept God's gift of eternal life with Him in Heaven.
    He wants to drag you into Hell with him, and the time for you to make a decision on your eternal destiny grows very short.

The time will soon come when God will no longer offer his gift of eternal life.
    Making no decision is the same as rejecting God and choosing to spend eternity in Hell.

Please do not put off making your decision for Jesus until it is too late.

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
    Acts 16:31 KJV

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    Acts 4:12 KJV

For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
    Luke 19:10 KJV

You are not saved by your own righteousness but by what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for us on the cross.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Galatians 5:4 (KJV)
    Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Galatians 3:10 (KJV)
    For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Romans 10:4 (KJV)
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

3. PsychedelicShaman

PsychedelicShaman MDL Member

Dec 4, 2017
    This is actually debatable, i bet pantheists, some hindus and western esoterics would disagree with this statement. :)

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    One can think they are a god within their own minds, but that can be a danger

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    "The devil plays in the minds of man whereas G_D lives in the hearts of man."

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    explain me this how are souls going to be punished in hell...your soul is pure energy how can u torture that? heaven and hell 100% BS

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I reckon there is really only one way to find out.... and your welcome to take that chance if your willing

8. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    well theirs no rush one day will all find out;) but the God from the bible BS made up by humans.

9. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    one is the loneliest number, god to create others of free will would also have to give them a choice "sin" is telling god no and that is the only sin ! all religions were created by man for man to make him feel better about telling god no! life is a learning period death is where you learn the truth !

10. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Imagine we are watching a trail of ants going towards some imminent doom. We know they will perish, but the ants don't. It was the ants' free will to go in the direction of their doom unknowingly. Just because we know what will happen has not taken away their free will. Such is our free will with G-d.

11. de crust

de crust MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2015
    the real is physical.
    the unreal is not.
    [[[all things inside the mind are unreal]]]

the real. it has substance. a wall, a table, the chair u sit on...the pc u use.
    the contents of that pc. the air u breathe. the body that surrounds u. the body u use.
    anything that u can FEEL in / of the physical world.

anything in the mind is not real.

it is not in the physical world. u can not FEEL it.
    can u feel a thought :) ?
    i can not...tf!
    u may THINK you can but...

12. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Souls aren't energy. You are only trying to describe in the physical aspect. Can you physically ouch a soul?

13. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    I have to disagree with that Statement. God is all powerful, no one can ever do harm to God. God knows everything, especially us. He knows more about you than yourself. Therefore, the devil never existed. God is good and evil because he knows what hurts us, not this so called devil. God does evil things. We may not know why, but it serves his purpose. We may never know what the purpose is, because we can ever understand God. It's not just our earth her rules, but the whole universe..

14. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #2034 Joe C, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    And how do you define what is good and what is evil?
    Is it through your own thinking of what is good and what is evil?

If my child runs out into a busy street and I spank him to correct this behavior, I think what I do is good but the child thinks I am evil because I spanked him.

Your logic is like that of a child that was just spanked for doing something that could have led to his destruction

15. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    No, you misunderstood. To make it short. evil is needed along with good. What I mean is God is the cause of everything. Good and bad things. Even abortions. If a woman doesn't want the unborn child, but pro life convinces her to keep it. Sh may not want to raise the child, so the child grows up with out a father or possessively ends up to given up for adoption, if the child is lucky. Like I said before, We cannot ever understand God because he is so complex. God is the beginning and the end. He knows everything from the past to infinity. I fail to understand why people try to figure out what God is. Look at the universe as a whole, which we will never see the end or boundaries of the universe. IMHO, we will never understand God, it's impossible.

16. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    #2036 Michaela Joy, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Satan is here, but he's been disarmed.

I don't think I could put it any better than this man does. :)

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/why-satan-is-left-on-earth

As far as my statement goes, our minds are what lead us into trouble. We covet and desire things,
    sometimes to the extent of hurting or destroying one another.

Let's not forget the 7 deadly sins.

Greed, Lust, Pride, Sloth, Wrath, Gluttony and Envy.

These 7 "soul-killers" are designed to trap you on earth and to impede you from attaining spiritual
    enlightenment.

Then, there are the 7 virtues

Chastity, Temperance, Charity, Diligence, Patience, Kindness and Humility

These virtues are there to bring us closer to godliness.

So how is the devil tempting us?

Through our minds. Our hearts almost always know what's right and just. And, if left to our hearts, we would almost always live by the 7 virtues.

We must remember that we are not without sin. We are imperfect beings.

That is why we must forgive transgressions, even though your mind is raging.

If we wish to be forgiven, we must forgive.

17. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    is not then what is it?

18. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Do souls even exist? I know soles exist. I have one on each shoe, but as for souls? We can only guess. We will all find out after we die. Basically mankind (including myself) is so possessed of self importance he can not see himself ceasing to exist. Therefore an afterlife is created to which the soul passes. But is this fact or fiction? No one really knows.

19. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    That's the thing about faith. It can't be proven or quantified. It's something you either have or you don't.

20. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Can you touch God, or describe what he looks like? Why is God always portrayed as an old man? Why is Heaven always related to the sky/clouds? All this is taken from the Greeks religion.